Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm all for the First reponders and any other Hero recieving as much assistance as possiable. I just wanted some other non-producing program to be cut to fund this. I don't know about the rest of you here on this forum, but my money tree failed to mature this year :crazy:

Funny to see Barry need the help of John Stewart to get this passed. :crazy:

·
Registered
170 Posts
it is actually called......

"James Zadroga 9/11 Health and Compensation Act of 2010"

and PRESIDENT Obama's hand will be signing it

"It's been nine years since the heroes rushed in to try to save people's lives. Today, the United States redeems its honor," Rep. Jerrold Nadler (D-NY) said late Wednesday. "Today the United States shows that we are an honorable nation and we pay our debts."

"The majority of American's don't care where the money comes from to fund this bill, the first responders of 9/11 deserve GOOD care," 2Vetteshawty (D-NY) said late Wednesday

:D

OBAMA/GORE 2012

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
"The majority of American's don't care where the money comes from to fund this bill, the first responders of 9/11 deserve GOOD care," 2Vetteshawty (D-NY) said late Wednesday

:D

OBAMA/GORE 2012

And this attitude is applied to just about every spending provision. The Congress for far to long has said the people want this bill, the people need this bill and the people don't care where the money comes from. Pick an issue. Social Security, Medicare/Medicaid, Housing, Bail Outs, Military Actions, Wars, Public Works Projects, Job Training, etc, etc...

I guess it does no harm after all the debt isn't piling up, oh wait it is.:crazy:

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
And this attitude is applied to just about every spending provision. The Congress for far to long has said the people want this bill, the people need this bill and the people don't care where the money comes from. Pick an issue. Social Security, Medicare/Medicaid, Housing, Bail Outs, Military Actions, Wars, Public Works Projects, Job Training, etc, etc...

I guess it does no harm after all the debt isn't piling up, oh wait it is.:crazy:
The interest for 2010 is $413,954,825,362.17

The good news is, they can't sustain that so the spending will stop.. :laughing: Then the real fun begins.. :lookinup:

·
Registered
12,410 Posts
I guess I must be in the minority as I do care where the money comes from. One point of note. When the 9/11 attack first occurred, Schumer (D-NY) sat down with Bush and asked him for $10 billion dollars about 5 days after. Bush said, "you got it".

What did Schumer do with that money?

I think this should be paid for by all registered democrats and others that don't care where the money comes from, by making personal donations. They are so committed to helping the poor and disparaged middle class, well, go right ahead and help, don't wait for me, or the bill.

Last question...where the "f#*k" where those majority of Americans for the last 10 years while these guys were dying and dealing with the ensuing diseases?

·
Registered
170 Posts
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
It is easy to criticize the "James Zadroga 9/11 Health and Compensation Act of 2010" if you didnt have a family member or somebody you know get sick.

Or if you fell that this is taking "Corvette car parts" out of your pocket.

:laughing:

·
Registered
12,410 Posts
Who's criticizing? I'm asking questions. Big difference. And btw, I lived in Northern NJ all my life until recently. And worked 2 blocks from ground zero. My best friends father in law's dna is somewhere in there, along with 2500 other people's. A good friend went there to volunteer with the 'clean-up' because he was a skilled welder and they needed them to help cut up the rubble. He had to leave after 3 days...They were using chain saws to cut bodies up because they couldn't seperate them from the rebar...it was sickening.

Nobody's criticizing the bill. Man up, send your money to the fund. What are YOU waiting for? Schumer to distribute it? What did he do with the original $10 billion Bush gave him?

BTW, while you were sitting around contemplating your belly button for the last 9 years I've sent in a couple thousand dollars to charities for the families, children, and first responders.

·
Banned
14,241 Posts
That's a lot of money for something their unions bennies should be covering as Worker's Comp claims.

·
Registered
170 Posts
You dont know what i've gave to charities in the recent past.

SOMEBODY who gives to charities doesn't go around bragging about it. (or complaining about it)

(by the way your talking- you would of thought that you could of bought acouple more Corvettes with all your donations)

donation's = tax deductions

·
Registered
12,410 Posts
That's a lot of money for something their unions bennies should be covering as Worker's Comp claims.
I think the crux of it because the medical bills have become so over the top for some of these guys and it's taken so long...They've been out of work, etc.

·
Registered
12,410 Posts
You dont know what i've gave to charities in the recent past.
You're right, but I'd bet you haven't given one dime to the 9/11 charities...prove me wrong.
SOMEBODY who gives to charities doesn't go around bragging about it. (or complaining about it)
Not bragging OR complaining. Stating facts. Libs like you like to make themselves feel better by bragging about how they wish to make other's lives better, without doing anything personally themselves other than lobbying for legislation that will take money from some and redistribute it to those that they deem needy.

Want to feel truely and significantly better about it? Go and volunteer for those familes and first responders, and donate directly to their needs.
(by the way your talking- you would of thought that you could of bought acouple more Corvettes with all your donations)

donation's = tax deductions
Well, if you can buy a couple of corvettes with a couple thousand dollars you're doing way better than me.

And yes, tax deductions rather than tax mandates is what spurs charity. Certainly not Schmuck Schumer squandering $10 billion the first time, and set to Squander a few billion more.

·
Registered
170 Posts
And yes, tax deductions rather than tax mandates is what spurs charity. Certainly not Schmuck Schumer squandering $10 billion the first time, and set to Squander a few billion more.

Please tell me your take on where this money went.

SCHUMER did what with this money, again ?...................

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
Lawyers ?

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
It is easy to criticize the "James Zadroga 9/11 Health and Compensation Act of 2010" if you didnt have a family member or somebody you know get sick.

Or if you fell that this is taking "Corvette car parts" out of your pocket.

:laughing:
If you noticed, my original complaint was that the current governmental attitude was that all spending was like the spending for this bill. It has been damn the torpedos, full speed ahead with government spending for the entire 15 years I have really paid attention to politics.

I'm not degrading the purpose of this bill, its intent and focus are noble. What I am saying is every facet of governmental spending seems to be so necessarry to those in Congress that even considering measuring it against a budget is sacreligious.

But like Vette_Newb implied our government is almost out of other people's money, so the real fun is about to start.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts