Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
7,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whose 90mm throttle bodies are you using? the only ones i can seem to find are for cable drive only. i would like to order a 90mm lsx intake, but if i cant find a 90mm throttlebody, i dont see the point....help....

·
Banned
7,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i checked with them, and theirs lists at $500....they calim 1500 cfm from it. it those flow numbers are true, i would think it would be rather difficult to get a decent and reliable tune for street driving....or am i wrong....

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have their throttle body in jmy 99 coupe along with some other mods including cam, heads, and exhaust. I don't know if the other parts make it work, but mine runs great. I had it dynoed by them and got 480hp at the crank and 21st century performance in Dallas at 500 hp. Good luck

·
Banned
7,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
did you get the 90mm or the wide oval? how is your driveability, and how modified is ur vette?

·
Banned
7,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
fast does, but it is for cable drive only....

·
Registered
76 Posts
90 mm throttle body

I have the oval body. I had TPIS do everything from the cam back to the exhaust. All bolt on type of things. The car runs great. Drove it to Dallas (1000 miles) got 27.9mpg, yet had 500 hp. Would highly recommend TPIS work. Good luck and if I can help anymore let me know.

·
Banned
7,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i agree, they have good products, but they are a little over priced. i ended up getting an ls7 throttle body, simply because from what i have been able to find out, it has been the easist to tune for the street.

·
Registered
76 Posts
90 mm throttle body

You could be right on the tuning. Fortunately I live only a few miles from TPIS and they did the install and tuning. I had Lingenfelter look at it this past fall and they could not do any better. Good luck with yours.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Go with an LS2 throttle body. That's what I'm going with. I am buying mine through vengancerd.com and they are installing it. I know it requires an adapter and you have to run the throttle body upside down due to the solenoid being on the oposite side. I have not had this install done yet so I can't comment on it's performance but the guys who are doing the install have worked on countless LS1, LS6 and C5R motors so I can only imagine they know what they are doing. I am going with the Fast LSX 90mm but it is being port matched prior to install. I was told there is not much to be gained unless the intake is ported on the tb side and the port side.

·
Registered
793 Posts
I have a TPIS 90mm and the tuning is fine, no problems. The only problem I had was tpis sent me a messed up throttle body and I had to send it back and the down time on my car was a lot longer. I even had to pay to overnight it to them.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Looks good man

·
Registered
77 Posts
Thanks. It looks like you took it quite a few steps further with the Nitrious and supercharger. I am gonna add one of those hopefully this fall. :partyon:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts