Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 92 LT1 that has not started since last Saturday. It was actually the first time my car has left me stranded (I had to get it towed). I did check the codes and the only one I got was a code 62 from module 9.1, which is a tachometer data error. Almost everything on my car has been recently replaced and working just fine, up until last weekend. It is not a VATS issue because I tried to start it with my spare and I do not think it is a problem with my Opti-spark because it was replaced in the spring and is bone dry. I have tinkered around with everything and at this point I do not know what I should look for.

Here is a video of what happens when I try to start it:

·
Registered
872 Posts
Going to go out on a limb and guess that it starts hard then runs kinda crappy? If so check the plug itself that goes into the opti as the high resolution (purple/white) low resolution (red/black) and reference low (pink/black) signals when interrupted will not fire the spark plugs. Sometimes the plug seems ok but the pin holes are enlarged from multiple removal/installation or corrosion.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts