Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where I can begin to find out why my AC clutch is not engaging? Large fuse by the battery looks OK. Secondary fan kicks in when 228 temp is reached.

·
The Punisher
7,092 Posts
Not sure if '94's are the similar to '86's, but I had the same problem. Ended up being a bad low pressure cut-out switch.

·
Registered
16 Posts
disconnect battery

Try disconnecting your negative battery terminal for 3 minutes.
When the computer that runs the AC detects a fault such as low freon or an intermittant connection on one of its circuits it will trip off the compressor. This computer does not reset itself when the problem is fixed and to reset it you have to disconnect the battery.
Good luck
Jerris

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jerris said:
When the computer that runs the AC detects a fault such as low freon or an intermittant connection on one of its circuits it will trip off the compressor. This computer does not reset itself when the problem is fixed and to reset it you have to disconnect the battery.
Good luck
Jerris
Thanks Jerris, I will certainly try that. Last night I jumped the 2 connections to the low pressure switch but still did not get a current over by the terminal which connects to the compressor.
I'll try your suggestion tonight. Rick

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jerris said:
Good luck
Jerris
Well, I tried disconnecting for over 3 min. Nothing. Any other suggestions?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts