Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
I have seen multiple LT1 powered cars in my area for around $5k. Personally I would get an LT1 car and put long tube headers, mandrel bent exhaust (bigger pipes than factory), and get Elliot port works stage 1 or 2 heads with matching cam. Also get the intake ported by him also. You'd make better power than factory LT4 and probably save $ to. Also get a professional tune to go with all the work. Just my $.02

·
DC Crew
20,694 Posts
The LT4 is a big upgrade if it's within your budget. If you want to mod either way, it gives you a significant head start over the LT1 but certainly the LT1 can be stoutly built.

I've seen plenty of deals on LT4 C4's over the last two years. If you just want to drive and enjoy, that's a great route.

·
Premium Member
4,780 Posts
The LT4 is a big upgrade if it's within your budget. If you want to mod either way, it gives you a significant head start over the LT1 but certainly the LT1 can be stoutly built.

I've seen plenty of deals on LT4 C4's over the last two years. If you just want to drive and enjoy, that's a great route.
:agree: the LT4 was the last offering before the LS1 and at 330hp it was only 20hp short of the LS1. LT1 was only 300 I believe.

·
Super Moderator
8,577 Posts
Id grab the clean 57K miles version in a heart beat if I was in the market
yes the LT4 is more desirable if available but pristine conditions easily worth the extra $5K

Reactions: HN376RAR
1 - 9 of 9 Posts