Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The belt on our 95 looked a tad ragged so I bought a new one and have it in place. The problem is the tensioner. It won't seat home at the attached screws. Should I just use a long bar and slip it in place? It behaves as if the belt was a bit too short, but it is the right part number.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I'm not sure what you mean when you say the tensioner wont seat home at the attached screws :huh:
Are you sure you're pulling the tensioner in the right direction ?
It should move fairly easy.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nasty C4 said:
it seems he may have removed the tensioner instead of turning the tensioner to give some slack.
Yes, now it's a bear to get back. Hopefully I can manage it Saturday. Can you say dummy in any kind way?:laughing:

·
Registered
38 Posts
everyone makes mistakes. How about me opening the hood and then jacking up the car... the tip of the hood punctured into the garage door overhead! (STUPID) LOL luckily nothing was damaged. Anyhow, i dont even know how the tensioner goes back on, or i should say off to begin with. THe way to make slack so the new belt will go on is to put a wrench on the protruding hex head and pull it towards ( i think, i havnt doen it in a while) the passenger side. The tensioner will tilt to the left allowing the belt to be slipped on. The way i did it was have the belt on the crank pulley and around everything except the alternator, pull the tensioner so it gives slack and push the belt on the alternator pulley. Hope that helps a bit. :D

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Got it done:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Thanks for the help:thumbsup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts