Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my 3rd thermo switch for my electric fans.

This one kicks on at about 205 and off at 185. That's to a spec of 200 on and 185 off.

The manufacturing + operational tolerances on these things is +/- 10 degrees.

Also....and this is pretty important. A guy at Painless spent a long time with me on the phone. He was (or seemed to be) very concerned about my displeasure and problem. He recommened that the switch be mounted in the intake manifold because enough of the switch body is exposed to the header heat, that it will react to that heat as well as the water temp.

So this one is in the intake manifold and new. I just drove it all around town until I was sure all the temperatures were up and normalized (engine block, heads, water, oil, exhaust headers). It operates as I wrote above.

I'm still going to keep the manual off/on switch for a while, but I hope not long.:cheers:

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have my switch mounted in the intake 195on 185 off 180* stat.
Works perfect fans only run for about 3min at a time.
The Directions said mount in the head but I never follow dirrections any way !
Your new temps sound about right you want your thermostat to be lower than your switch temp.
Lose the manual switch could be a safty hazart if you ever forget to turn on .................. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Things are working like they should:cheers: But I sure don't like that sender sticking up out of the intake.:(

I have another thought on that relocation.:cheers:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts