Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I finally found some time to digitize the video I've been shooting of my engine replacement project on my 97. I will post a link to each "chapter" each day over the next week.

I'm also building a website to permanently house the video and photo journal of the project. I'll post the link to that when it's done.

These are Windows Media Video format, each video is 5-8MB in size (about the size of a music MP3 file)

Chapter 1 can be seen by clicking Here:

ftp://www.jvs-online.net/Engine_Swap_01.wmv

For those of you who have been following along, Today (Sunday) I got the LS6 mpuntied in the car. I will return to the project after Christmes and get all the external accesories bolted up.

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
BubbleHead said:
:thumbsup:

You may want to check that link, it's a FTP link, not HTTP.
Yes, the link is right. Using FTP will permit a slightly faster data transfer than HTTP, because there is no abstraction layer trying to filter the stream for ASCII text or HTML tags. Most browsers should recognize the wmv format and launch the correct mime application to view the video.

If your browser asks you whether you want to open it or save it to disk, just click the open option. It should run from your temp directory.

If anyone has any trouble opening the video because of firewall or parental blocking software, I can certainly change permissions on the server to permit HTTP transfer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts