Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know how to replace remote right side mirror retaining clip if so, send to e-mail. I had a couple reponses from Bad Shark lounge but could not retreive info. Also a response from Blue 66 which read ( BUMP) whatever the hell that means. Thanks

·
Premium Member
6,667 Posts
Bump

·
Grey Squirrel
22,780 Posts
Does anybody know how to replace remote right side mirror retaining clip if so, send to e-mail. I had a couple reponses from Bad Shark lounge but could not retreive info. Also a response from Blue 66 which read ( BUMP) whatever the hell that means. Thanks

Remove the glass first:

Push in on one edge of the mirror glass tilting the mirror case to allow finger access.
Grasp the glass case firmly and pull the case from the mirror body.
Disconnect the wire connectors from the case (heated mirror).
Remove the two jackscrews from the mirror glass case.
Bend the jackscrew over.
Press down on the side of the jackscrew popping the jackscrew from the mirror glass case.
Save the jackscrews for reinstallation to the mirror motor.

This will allow you to get to the "guts" inside the mirror. But I don't see anything on a "retaining clip"

To remove the motor:

Remove the door trim panel.
Disconnect the electrical connector to the mirror wire harness.
Remove the mirror face.
Remove the screws from the mirror motor.
Pull the motor electrical harness through the mirror housing.
Remove the motor from the mirror housing.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
regards to r/s remote mirror

Hey Poncherello: Thanks for the extra insight into retrieving the info. This is probably where I went wrong. The mirror is supported by a post, in which a spring is then placed over the post and secured with a clip. Anyway, Thanks for the info greatly appreciated

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,626 Posts
Are you talking about the mirror (glass part) or the housing that holds the mirror and swivels if hit?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts