Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Pewter Coupe, 6spd
22 Posts
I am not a long time Corvette owner nor a mechanic. I’m on my second C5 since 2011. I got the LMC5 for my Z and then for my current coupe. The product, made by Complianceparts.com has been around for about 30 years with over 40,000 satisfied customers. Their customer service provided by RICHARD is second to none. I suggest anyone call him if you’re having a problem. He helped me multiple times and scores of people I’ve referred to him.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
You are right about Richard...he's really helped me a lot....and knows his stuff too......he thinks my BCM may be bad, after about a dozen phone calls and many test.....I have a good one on the way so we'll see....also the LCM is a great product.......

·
Registered
2002 Pewter Coupe, 6spd
22 Posts
Jim, on my coupe, he spent a half hour on the phone with me helping me discover that the previous owner had attempted an old (no brown wire) LMC5 install and screwed it up. (I later found the old one and Richard asked me to send it to him). Turns out the p/o, trying to return everything to stock placed one pin in the wrong opening and he and I discovered it as we talked.
Mine locked up while I was installing. Rather than trying to sell me the unlocker he talked me thru a work around and got everything right.
BTW: battery voltage is a legit concern. If low, it will fool one into thinking the LMC5 is malfunctioning. After talking to him about the condition of my battery I got a new one and it’s been bulletproof since.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
First thing I did was replace the battery....when testing I even put a charger on it just be sure.....what gets me is not knowing what caused all this mess in the first place....if the new BCM fixes it I'll feel better...should have it by the weekend.....I sure feel bad about selling a non running Vette, but I've had it......been working on it for 3 months......

·
Premium Member
4,761 Posts
And so goes my point about putting our finger on the problem before going with the 'hail mary'. I meant no disrespect to the specific brand bypass just that it isn't the brand I am personally familiar with and have used. Good luck with the BCM and report back the results you get from it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
You have been a great help....I don't know how to thank you.....I'll let you know when I get this thing fixed......

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Replaced the BCM.....pull key....service column lock BS again......also my driver side running lite is staying on ????????????

·
Premium Member
4,761 Posts
The BCM needs to be programmed to the vehicle. It needs to be told what the VIN number is, and what the value is for the resistor in your key. And the options the car did or didn't come with. This gets done by the dealer or by someone with a dealer level scantools and access to a techline. Down here in south Florida that usually runs about $120. Did you have this done?

·
Premium Member
4,761 Posts
I'm really sorry buddy but I am curious about your BCM as well. It is just that the drl lamps are controlled individually by the BCM and after it was changed you now say you have a shorted driver for the LH drl. Where did the BCM come from? Was it new, used, or 'remanned'? And just a quick FYI if it or the box it came in says 'cardone' on it then you likely got taken for whatever you spent on the junk.

This problem is hard for me to diagnose from this distance. If I were there I would scan the car with my Snap-On Verus Edge and I would talk directly with the BCM and this alone would give me so much more information that I could ever hope to get from this back and forth in a forum. Once I ran some tests and made sure the BCM was operating properly I would begin the process of tracking down your problem which might be a chaffed wire somewhere, or it might be a loose connection somewhere, or it might be a bad relay, or it might be a bad column lock motor. Either way it is absolutely impossible to backprobe from so many states away. I wish I could help you buddy. You are in a dark place ATM. You need to find a way to communicate with the BCM with a high end scantool so that you can probe the pin coming out of the BCM to energize the LH DRL and command it on and off to test that driver.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
I got it from Rock auto...might have said Cardone......I still have the old one and taking your advice I'm having a friend coming to get it and put his scan machine on it...you have really been a big help, thanks again.......

21 - 37 of 37 Posts