Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok first off not a kill yet!! Just wanted to get some input my brother in law just got his dream car a stock 99 red viper. Well he wants to go out on some "spirited runs":D We have a nice spot away from everything. My car is a 02 z06 with a couple little mods, Lg long tubes pros, custom cam, vararam cai, borlas stingers straight exhaust no cats, 425 rwhp tuned with Hp tuners. Hes not a racer, me well lets just say i wont miss a shift ive been to a few rodeos:devil:. What do you think? Should i be able to hold my own. Anyone raced anything similar to this as far as vipers. I just want to represent and not get my ass handed to me.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I would tend to agree. You should do more than hold your own. If the Z was stock then I would say you would have to force a mistake out of him for the win as he would have a 50hp advantage providing that this is a GTS viper were talking about. They tend to run 12.2-12.5 in the quarter.

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
Hold your own? Absolutely! :Dand then some.........he's not a racer? :devil:and then some more:thumbsup: Be sure to keep us posted on the "roundup" at this rodeo:laughing:

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
outcome...you kick his ass

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Probably go out this weekend ill try to video it if i can. I cant wait hes already had people fill his head he will trash me. But its all in pure fun. We are pretty close. But im not going to go ezy i want to slaughter him heheh:devil: Ill post up monday. We will probably do some rolls from 40 or so then from a dig. Oh yea i didnt mention i just got my Nittos on too, wow what a difference from the kuhmos.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
You will win, I have less power and kicked the **** out of one at the track (and even bogged the launch) :thumbsup:

Make sure to post up results ;)

·
Registered
5,467 Posts
I sold my 02 Z because it was too slow. My 03 Viper would kill it. ( I like factory fast cars ) I had a 98 Viper also and it was kinda slow also so from my best guess I would say a modded Z would beat a stock Viper. But stock to stock would be a good run. The trick in my Viper is traction, but if I do it just right the car screams.

The 99 can get sideways real easy so let him get used to it for awhile so he doesn't wreck it or even hurt himself. Have fun but be safe.

BLK 1 :buhbye:

·
Registered
4,435 Posts
Don't let the bull **** kick your ass before the

race starts. Try not to spin a hundred miles off

your tires on the line. Make the shifts and do

the deed.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
I sold my 02 Z because it was too slow. My 03 Viper would kill it. ( I like factory fast cars ) I had a 98 Viper also and it was kinda slow also so from my best guess I would say a modded Z would beat a stock Viper. But stock to stock would be a good run. The trick in my Viper is traction, but if I do it just right the car screams.

The 99 can get sideways real easy so let him get used to it for awhile so he doesn't wreck it or even hurt himself. Have fun but be safe.

BIG changes from 99 to 03 right? something like 500 hp in 03 and 390s in 99?

·
Registered
5,467 Posts
BIG changes from 99 to 03 right? something like 500 hp in 03 and 390s in 99?
92-95 400hp
96 GTS 450 hp
96 RT/10 415 hp
ALL 97-02 450 hp
03-06 510 hp
08-10 600+ hp

On the same dyno that cert. the C6Z with 530 at the engine the 03-06 Viper also made 530 at the engine. If my 03 Viper will hook it is with my 08 Z all day long. Love both cars:D

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Oh im not letting anything go to my head like i said its all in fun he is my brother in law and were pretty good buds. And i would NOT do anything to make either of us wreck i would let out and lose before i do that. Just fun:thumbsup:. Now that i got the nittos my traction has greatly improved dont get me wrong i can smoke the tires but great traction. I have also been brought up in a racing family:devil: (sportbikes i have a busa also 9.80's,speedboats, cars etc) so i have a big edge, he doesn't race. Ill post results when done. Are those viper numbers at the rear?? i Thought they were at the crank when they post these numbers from the factory. Like the stock 02 z is 405 hp but ive only seen 350-360 or so at rear.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Going out tonight boys looks to be nice and cool out.:devil: Ill post up tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
waiting for your video... did you smoke him????

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ok so we go out we were solo so no one else in car. We get out chat for a bit hes a little nervous lol. I told him just dont kill your self or wreck i told him if it gets out of control let out. So he wants to start from a roll easier for him, so i figure 40 is good i hit horn 3 times and hit it, i jump out about half a car then hit second pull a car by then, hes right there though, im shifting at 6300 really hard, then 3rd gear im about 2 cars i can then see him in mirrors, 4th gear im balls out in front about 31/2 cars im doing about 120 or so by then let out. We stop and talk hes got a grin:D and says wow, these cars are monsters, i know you won but i never have given it all i got like that :laughing:. So he wants to try from a dig now i say ok but you need to feather it out that viper is going to break loose ezy. So i give him the jump i leave at about 3000 rpm i immediately am next to him hit second pulling a little, now this time hes driving it hard:thumbsup: so im like oh **** were side by side shift 3rd and start coming around him ended up pulling about 3 cars on him, his car is strong when he learns to drive it will be a very close race i know i have to give it to him i wont be able to walk him. I have a first hand respect for these cars now. Ive always been a fan though neat car.

·
Registered
5,467 Posts
Ok so we go out we were solo so no one else in car. We get out chat for a bit hes a little nervous lol. I told him just dont kill your self or wreck i told him if it gets out of control let out. So he wants to start from a roll easier for him, so i figure 40 is good i hit horn 3 times and hit it, i jump out about half a car then hit second pull a car by then, hes right there though, im shifting at 6300 really hard, then 3rd gear im about 2 cars i can then see him in mirrors, 4th gear im balls out in front about 31/2 cars im doing about 120 or so by then let out. We stop and talk hes got a grin:D and says wow, these cars are monsters, i know you won but i never have given it all i got like that :laughing:. So he wants to try from a dig now i say ok but you need to feather it out that viper is going to break loose ezy. So i give him the jump i leave at about 3000 rpm i immediately am next to him hit second pulling a little, now this time hes driving it hard:thumbsup: so im like oh **** were side by side shift 3rd and start coming around him ended up pulling about 3 cars on him, his car is strong when he learns to drive it will be a very close race i know i have to give it to him i wont be able to walk him. I have a first hand respect for these cars now. Ive always been a fan though neat car.
:thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts