Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Noticed the analog oil pressure guage was pegged at 80 psi. checked digital and it shows oil pressue of 109 to 124 depending on temperature. Turn switch on and not crank car guages show 75 to 80 psi.
Replaced oil filter and oil. No help. Any suggestions now?

·
Supporting Vendor
825 Posts
Noticed the analog oil pressure guage was pegged at 80 psi. checked digital and it shows oil pressue of 109 to 124 depending on temperature. Turn switch on and not crank car guages show 75 to 80 psi.
Replaced oil filter and oil. No help. Any suggestions now?

When your ignition is on and car is not running, you should have 0 psi oil pressure. If not the sender is at fault.:thumbsup:
Replace you oil pressure sender behind the intake manifold . It is on the valley cover.

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
perhaps a blessing ya can pull that intake manifold off thats choking your performance,SENDING UNIT DO NOT GET OEM

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks

I'll replace sender tomorrow night or Saturday. Only place I found new one was from Chevy dealer. other sources not available.
:cheers:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Replaced oil pressure sender unit. That fixed it. Wonder why you design something that requires an intake manifold removal to get to a sender unit. Guess that's why I'm not an engineer.
Thanks for all input. Terry
:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts