Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help, need direction to see if this is a problem that can be fixed. When I come to a stop with the A/C on I instantly get exhaust coming in via the A/C ducts. It's become annoying and defeats the purpose of having the air on. As you can see from my mods the car is heavily modded, please any direction would be appreciated...

·
Banned
7,823 Posts
check for an exhaust leak at the header or the collector. if memory serves correct, the inlet for the hvac system was still on the top portion of the cowl on c3's.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I am wondering with my headers connected with band clamps (not my choice) if there is a leak. I also kept my EGR cross over pipe but eliminated the rest of the heat pipes, since they are TPIS headers and came with all this emissions stuff. I had them cut off and powder coated when we re-built the motor.

·
El Teafive
10,489 Posts
Even in MAX AC mode (recirc)

check on the pass side, that is where the HVAC box is, be sure it is sealed and check for exhaust leaks.

BUT you have an 87.. I have to think there is an issues with the heater control valve (works off exhaust) it was eliminated in 88 or 89, wonder if that is causing issues..

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jeff

were's the valve located I need to check?

Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts