Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a way to reset the auto fan on my 1994? The problem is that often when I crank the car in the mornings the fan blows on 10 and the car hasn't even warmed up. I have the guage on the dash set to show the water temp and its like 58 in the morning and the auto temp control is set on high (90 degrees) so the fan shouldn't come on until the water gets warm enough, right? This doesn't happen every time, but about 75% of the time. I've noticed on occasation, by pressing the auto fan button, that it has worked correctly by slowing blowing harder and harder as the water temp rises.

Any help guys?

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
I'm not 100% certain but I believe the highest setting of 90 will override the warm up and turn on the fan. trying setting it at 85 and see if it does the same thing.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not 100% certain but I believe the highest setting of 90 will override the warm up and turn on the fan. trying setting it at 85 and see if it does the same thing.
Ah, that could very well be the case...because now I'm thinking that when i was able to watch the fan speed up as the water temp went up I might have had it set on 85 or 84. Thanks for the advice...I'll try it and see.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts