Votes: 2 10.0%
  • I never use the A/C!

Votes: 2 10.0%
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't use my A/C that much I always have the top off the car but my question is when you leave the car do you turn the A/C off or do you just turn the car off and let the A/C come on and off with the car? Just looking for diffrent opinions and why.

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,563 Posts
Advantages of the C5. The memory positions not only remember the seat and steering wheel but the A/C, radio, mirrors etc. when the car was turned off. The wonders of technology.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I " just turn the car off and let the A/C come on and off with the car?"
I've done that in seven corvettes over the past 33 years and never had an A/C problem (other than needing freon)

:buhbye: :)

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
The 72 is A/C-less at this time so it doesn't count. In the 95 and the T-Bird I use it when the humidity is high. 100 degree temps don't bother me, but real sticky air is just plain uncomfortable. I do turn it off on every car when it's parked and put the controls on "vent". It helps a bit to keep the interior circulated with the windows up and locked.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I leave the A/C on with the top up or down. With it down I still get a cool breeze going past me no matter how hot it is outside. Hey, this baby is my slave (or is it the other way around?).

·
Registered
108 Posts
a/c on or off?

It's probably a good idea to leave the a/c selector on after you have been using it. Condensation builds up in the evaporator housing during operation. Leaving the a/c in the on position after shut off leaves the evaporator door open and helps to dry the area preventing mildew build up. Ford had a really big problem with this in the late 90's. The cars smelled like a swamp when you first turned the a/c on.

·
DC Crew
3,723 Posts
Re: a/c on or off?

Marty I said:
... The cars smelled like a swamp when you first turned the a/c on.
They're Fords. What do you expect, roses ? :huh: :stick:

·
Premium Member
11,627 Posts
Always turn if off on all my vehicles. Guess I always thought it was better on start up. Don't no if it really matters tho. :huh:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Torch Red 2K said:
Advantages of the C5. The memory positions not only remember the seat and steering wheel but the A/C, radio, mirrors etc. when the car was turned off. The wonders of technology.
Ain't technology grand!!:D

·
Registered
50 Posts
I turn mine off. I guess I baby the car in that way. Can't always say that when I drive it. :laughing:

·
DC Crew
4,823 Posts
Never turn it off on the Vette or the Van. Never even thought about it...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts