Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my 8.1L install I need to change my 2004 year model GM A/C compressor pulley from a 4 grove serpentine to a 6 grove. Anyone have info on doing this change and would it just be cheeper to buy a new compressor with the pulley I need. Any suggestions where to get the pulley. On serpentine belts is there a way to measure the pulley route on my engine and buy the correct belt. For example an A size belt you would measure the back of the belt and deduct 2 inches for the correct size (40 inch measured on back = A38). I will be adding idler pulleys so it will not be a stock belt. :cheers: Mark

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone out there know auto air conditioning :surprised

·
Registered
25 Posts
To replace the pulley assembly special tools are needed to remove and replace the clutch driven plate and pulley. The pulleys are generally sold as a clutch assy, so it would be close to or more than the cost of a rebuilt compressor and clutch. I would measure for the grooved belt the same way you measured the v belt.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
To replace the pulley assembly special tools are needed to remove and replace the clutch driven plate and pulley. The pulleys are generally sold as a clutch assy, so it would be close to or more than the cost of a rebuilt compressor and clutch. I would measure for the grooved belt the same way you measured the v belt.
Thats about what I have concluded :thud: more money to spend on a compressor.

BTW have you found your electrical problem? :cheers: Mark

·
Registered
25 Posts
ECM, disconnected every thing controlled by it and no change it temp. Nothing left. Strange, the engine ran fine, just drained the batt.

By the way, I am going to have to replace my A/C compressor accumulator etc. Sounds like a box of rocks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts