Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anytime GM changes the frame, engine, wheelbase, overall length and width and 70% of the parts on a vehicle, it ISN'T an update. By definition, it's a new vehicle. The fact that it looks kinda like the old design isn't really relevant.

The real issue is how the C6 looks IN PERSON and how it drives. I've learned a long time ago not to judge a vehicle based on pictures. I placed my order for a C6 almost 18 months ago, as soon as I learned that there would be a C6. Based on the current vehicle and the guys in charge of designing the new one, I have faith that their efforts will yield results.

They have't let me down since my '91 -- which was a dog compared to my '86.

It'll be fine!!!!

·
DC Pit Crew
11,957 Posts
:thumbsup:

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
GM has stated before that they have nothing to do with the "C1, C2 ...." generation designation, and that has always been determined by owners.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Your points are well taken, however the C6 exterior design, outside of the fixed headlamps and minor styling cues, share too many exterior characteristics with the C5. We know that Chevy will continue to push the envelope in performance, handling and drivetrain configurations with the C6 series. Yet in my opinion the exterior design, while attractive, is more evolutionary than revolutionary (unlike previous corvette C1-C5 series), and therefore should not be worthy of the C6 moniker.

·
DC Pit Crew
11,957 Posts
bjjones said:
Your points are well taken, however the C6 exterior design, outside of the fixed headlamps and minor styling cues, share too many exterior characteristics with the C5. We know that Chevy will continue to push the envelope in performance, handling and drivetrain configurations with the C6 series. Yet in my opinion the exterior design, while attractive, is more evolutionary than revolutionary (unlike previous corvettes series C1-C5), and therefore should not be worthy of the C6 moniker.
yes but you can tell when chevy thinks its a new generation...they keep it very secret...look at the 1983, 1997 and now the 2005 corvette....they kept them very secret...and if you remember in the 1991 they updated the body engine...there wasn't the hype then that there is now about the C6...i've got magazines with the 91 vette, the magazines didn't even make a big deal about it...but now the C6 is getting covers and multipage write ups (5-10 pages)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts