Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a couple of hopefully simple questions.

First off, I am going to replace my carpetting on my 69 in the future. I was wondering if there is anything I should look to fix while I have my carpet out.
Something that may not be easy to reach while the carpet is put back in.

One item, that comes to my mind is the metal plate I have missing on my passenger side. It is located underneath the car but looks like it bolts or rivets to the floor board. Does anyone know what the plate is called and can a replacement be purchased? Will I need to bolt it in while carpet is removed?

I am also going to re-cover my seats while this is going on. Last night, I was looking at my seats and the passenger side seat had this tag tied to the bottom of the seat.

http://i392.photobucket.com/albums/pp8/xpoc454/Snapbucket/088779fa-orig.jpg

Anyone know if it is some kind of factory tag or a later replacement? I am wondering if I should keep it or not. It feels and looks quite old.

thanks

·
Registered
378 Posts
I installed New carpet on my 73 a few years ago its pretty simple job I went to Home Depot and bought a rool of insulation to put down and then the Carpet as a heat shield was pretty cheap and you just cut it to fit. It Black on bottom and Silver on top.
I alsi recoverd my seats with new Foam and Covers I bought the Wire kit too. Make sure you get some good Hog Plier to simplify the installation Have an extra pair of hands for the Back seat Installation I also put a Plastic trash bag over it to slip the cover over the foam then when you have it right just rip the bag off. Makes it a lot easier to install. Take your time and its not that difficult. Eklers has a DVD on istallation too that I had borrowed from a friend good info.. Or you can maybe do a google search if any one has put their instalation on YouTube..

Good Luck

Dan

1 - 2 of 2 Posts