Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This one got locked at that other place after a couple of days, but it looks like it's acceptable to share it here at DC. So, for those who haven't read it before, I'm posting this one for anybody who's ever been frustrated with being challenged by so many stupid punks, and enjoys seeing a little justice dished out every once in a while. This really is a true story that happened in about '82...

I'm sitting on the front row at a traffic light between a police cruiser in the left turn lane and a mildly modified Mustang in the right. To my amazement, dude in the Mustang starts blipping and stabbing the gas and bumping forward as if staging shallow at the strip. Quite obviously he hasn't noticed the cop sitting there just taking this all in. The light was still red, but no more cross-traffic was approaching when I gave my 427 Tri-power w/Hooker sidemounts a healthy clearing and put the revs somewhere around 2500 for a moment, then lifted off the clutch just long enough for the car to lurch about a foot. Boy-racer launches right through the intersection, full-boogie! I look over at the cop, and he's shaking his head with a dumbfounded grin on his face as he turns on the lights and sirens to chase down the dupe, who by this time had realized his blunder. Figure anyone with that sort of lapse in judgment had it coming, and it still makes me laugh to this day whenever I think of it.
:cheers:

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Poor lil' feller . . . wasn't firing on all cylinders was he.:crazy:

·
Registered
508 Posts
hehehehehe......that is too funny!!!! :rolling:

Good story, and don't you know the cop had a good time telling his other cop buddies about that one too.

·
Registered
5,115 Posts
I have done that exact same thing. The Trooper even gave me a:thumbsup: .
Always glad to support my local law enforcement. :laughing:

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
UCF started back up recently and the import tuners are being wrecked at a fast pace. Passed a Honda 2000 that had come to rest on a grassy median after jumping a 4 or 5 inch curb the other week. It looked pretty beat up and there was a trooper there. A couple of days ago one of those Subaru's with the hood scoop and a wing had rear ended a sedan, again really messed up and the trooper was there taking notes.

It's like this every fall. Just hope they avoid me.

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Nice job by SkunkWrks . . . while not actually a "kill" story, it really qualifies as "thinning the herd". Nature will have its way with those too stupid to survive - you just helped it along a little. :laughing:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts