Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guy in a Ford Explorer is driving down the street and sees a 2000 Coupe sitting off to the side of the road with it's hood up. The Ford pulls over to help out the vette owner. The Ford driver ask the Vette driver whats going on and if he needs anything. With a :surprised look from the Vette driver he just ask for a screw driver. With the screw driver from the Ford owner the Vette driver re-attachs a lose after market air-filter that came loss after two years. The Vette owner was very :thumbsup:

That Ford guy was me driving my daily driver on the way home.:D

The guy was :surprised until I told him I'm also a Vette owner.

·
Registered
336 Posts
You da man :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Guy in a Ford Explorer is driving down the street and sees a 2000 Coupe sitting off to the side of the road with it's hood up. The Ford pulls over to help out the vette owner. The Ford driver ask the Vette driver whats going on and if he needs anything. With a :surprised look from the Vette driver he just ask for a screw driver. With the screw driver from the Ford owner the Vette driver re-attachs a lose after market air-filter that came loss after two years. The Vette owner was very :thumbsup:

Believe it or not lots of vette owners drive ford trucks :D :D :D

·
Registered
40 Posts
Believe it or not, lots of Vette drivers also drive Mustangs.....including me. A supercharged Cobra :thumbsup: Good job RagVette

·
Registered
240 Posts

I have a feeling that you would have stopped and helped the Vettes driver out , even if you didn't drive one yourself . It's not about the type of car we drive ... it's about the kind of people we are . Nice job . :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
746 Posts
I have a feeling that you would have stopped and helped the Vettes driver out , even if you didn't drive one yourself . It's not about the type of car we drive ... it's about the kind of people we are . Nice job . :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Very True:agree: Good man ragvette:thumbsup:

·
Registered
948 Posts
You're a good man, Man.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Gotta love giving back to your fellow humans!:agree:

·
Registered
939 Posts
Believe it or not lots of vette owners drive ford trucks :D :D :D
including me... '99 expedition is my daily driver.

Good job on helpin' out! The world needs more people like that!:partyon:

·
Registered
594 Posts
While I enjoy my Vette much more than any other car I've owned (and there have been plenty...though none were expensive)...I don't look down on any of them...I drive a 96 GMC truck (my dad bought it new and just replaced it with an 06 Silverado. I guess he thought "ol' blue"...the GMC was about used up...afterall, it has 65k miles on it now ;) ). My daily driver is a 99 Taurus wagon w/143k miles on it. My wife drives an 02 Explorer, an 06 Mustang GT vert and a 68 Mustang coupe. We bought Honda Del Sols for our kids cause that's what they wanted.

I've owned vehicles made by Ford, Chevy, Dodge, AMC, GMC, Toyota, Honda, Isuzu, Volkswagon, Subaru, Datsun, BMW...I think that's about it. If it weren't for the extreme price mark-up, I'd love to have a new GT 500...so while I love my Vette, I like to think I have an appreciation for ALL hot cars!

As Larry mentioned...it's the people we are...not what we drive. I know...when it comes to DC, I'm preachin' to the choir. In the short time I've been visitin' with y'all...I've come to the conclusion that this is the most down-to-earth, respectable bunch of folks I've had the pleasure of chatting with online. I even got to meet SpiderPat last year in person and he confirmed it.:thumbsup: That was shortly before his (now) beautiful Z got it's new skin...I got to see it in all its "spray-bomb glory" :laughing:

Great Job ragvette:cheers:

·
Registered
939 Posts
You drive an Exploder? :laughing: Had to say it...I drive a Heep Cherocar :D
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Nothing wrong with having an ol' Fix or Repair Daily in the garage, its served me well for the past 8 years :D

:cheers:

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
I have bits and pieces of Fords laying around, but everything in one piece is either a GM or a Mopar. Nice to see American Autos helping out other American Autos though.

·
Registered
594 Posts
You drive an Exploder? :laughing: Had to say it...I drive a Heep Cherocar :D
NOOOOOO!!!!! My WIFE drives the EXPLODER!!!!:spanked: :laughing:

I drive the ol' Timex Taurus...gotta say...that's been the BEST new vehicle we've ever bought...least amount of trouble of any of 'em. I bought a 98 Ranger brand new and that was the biggest POS ever!!! Go figure...most folks who buy Rangers have NO problems...or so I've heard.

I grew up with Fords....my great uncle had a Ford dealership from 1938 to 1981...Harlow Motor Co. in Neon and Whitesburg Ky. Dad worked for him for a few years...but he worked at GM before that (Delco Moraine near Dayton Oh)

This ol' GMC is undoubtedly the most solid truck I've ever driven...to be 11 years old and have no squeaks and rattles is just amazing to me...for a short-bed, standard cab 4x4. Dad really babied her...but you'd still think she'd be showin' her age more.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts