Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...I'm thinking it's pretty much a rip off, since it's from a low budget used car dealership

85 White coupe, auto, runs pretty good (he test drove it) but one headlight need the motor fixed, body is decent but not awsome. Dealer wants $8k for it.
What do you guy's think?

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
8K's a little steep. Hows the interior. I say offer him 5 and see if he bites.:thumbsup:

·
DC Crew
1,470 Posts
It all depends.

Is a white 85 thier dream car?

If it is, its all the matter of the purchaser.

Can they get it inspected?

·
DC Crew
1,470 Posts
ChiMan said:
I have a nice custom C4 that I'll sell him for 8K...Torch Red all brand New :)
Cheap plug?

·
DC Crew
53,220 Posts
decka said:
...I'm thinking it's pretty much a rip off, since it's from a low budget used car dealership

85 White coupe, auto, runs pretty good (he test drove it) but one headlight need the motor fixed, body is decent but not awsome. Dealer wants $8k for it.
What do you guy's think?
Check the title, probably salvage. Check carfax to verify miles on the ODO.

And, get your pad and paper out and write down all the things wrong with it. EVERYTHING. Make sure give it a serious test drive.

An 8k C4 could easily suck down another 8k before it's a happy car. Buyer beware...

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
I really like buying a vette from an owner. He may give you shite, but If your smart you can figure it out.
Thats how I bought my '84.
Happy.
tony

·
Registered
15 Posts
I say thats way 2 steep. I got mine for 6K ( a year ago). I think if he looks around he could find a great deal.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Dont not buy it because a small dealer has it. Small dealers buy alot of thier cars from new car dealer trades. If the car is older or they already have similar cars for sale they will wholesale it....a 85 is definetly wholesale a piece (usually filled with headaches the smaller dealer has to fix). If it has low miles & is in good condition the price will be higher. There are plenty of ratty 85 vettes out there for $5000ish. If this car is nice with low miles $8000.00 asking price is not out of line.... If I was selling it (say 70k & real clean, 100% mechanical) I would ask $7995.00 & accept offers....It might take a while to sell but ...as the saying goes...there is an ass for every seat!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
0 Posts
Re: Re: A friend of mine is looking into getting one but..

Patrick96LT4 said:
Check the title, probably salvage. Check carfax to verify miles on the ODO.

And, get your pad and paper out and write down all the things wrong with it. EVERYTHING. Make sure give it a serious test drive.

An 8k C4 could easily suck down another 8k before it's a happy car. Buyer beware...
:agree: Great advice! :agree:

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
decka said:

What do you guy's think?
first.check all wheatherstriping(not cheap)Headlight should be no problem(upgrade) How many miles???.Paint will be around 2500.00sans any body work.do you own one ? go with him.there are a lot of aholes who could sell you that dream car,and give you a free suply of KY,cause your going to need it. just a thought

·
Registered
10,035 Posts
re whats it worth

start with whole sale $ then insurance value then retail value check ebay going going gone for same vehicle to see what they bring in grneral then look it over for every little thing cosmeticly then bring in a tech for the motor and drive train opionion then have cup of coffie make offer that u r comfortable with, remember your holding the doe $$$ good luck :nuts: :nuts: :nuts: :nuts: always be the green one

1 - 13 of 13 Posts