Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A letter I sent to the Governor Of California

Pass it on, cut'n paste it if you need to.

http://gov.ca.gov/

Good Afternoon, Mr. Brown

I would like to speak to you reguarding the Elimination of the Much Overly Funded Government

Agency C.A.R.B

They are not a good fit for business or our culture here in California

I am tired of them working against us small business owners and quite frankly I find many of

their regulations Ludicrous

They've gone power mad, and I hope to see them eliminated soon

Here in California we cannot even modify our own cars

Even though we can pass all emission tests !

The problem with this is:

1. I paid for it ! It's my car, and I want the *freedom* to modify it anyway I wish

2.Modified cars are part of California culture, Our car culture sells around the world !

3. The modified car aftermarket is a Muti-billion dollar a year industry of which much

ingenuity is created and in time will benefit us all,

4. We were here first, Before C.A.R.B was ever in Existence

These modified car parts are also bought by others around the world.

The People at C.A.R.B are a bunch of Hippocrites as well, and have been caught lying on occasion, Because they don't have the facts, So they needed to make them up.

For instance

They have mistaken Global Climate change " A natural occurrence"

For some "Green House Conspiracy"

I wish for them to prove this in a court of law !

In addition Many of us here would like to run the Domestically produced E85 fuel which is

100 % made in the U.S.A

But due to all C.A.R.BS Red Tape and regulations there are only a few service stations In California that sell E85, and that is Intended to serve Millions of Consumers in California ?

Yes It all makes *Zero sense*

C.A.R.B claims to be a Green Organization

But they are only A "Politically Green" Organization, And have a poor track record of Promoting only Fossil fuels.

Instead of the sale of a much cleaner burning fuel E85 or even propane Another Domestically produced fuel.

At present time we have 100's of thousands of Flex-fuel vehicles that are on the roads

that are completely useless because consumers do not have the option to purchase E85 at fueling stations.

Everyday of the year we spend Billions of Dollars on Imported oil, when we could be keeping that revenue here at home by buying E85, Yes Billions $$$$$$$$$$ as you already know

I admit E85 is not for everyone, but why not make it available for U.S consumers that wish to support Industry in the U.S.A ?

There is a gigantic demand out there to buy E85 in California as well as the entire nation.

Everywhere Consumers there are asking , Where is all the taxpayer Subsidized E85 ?

And I can tell you its all Bogged down by C.A.R.B regulation and " Red Tape "

And even if you wanted to support your country, And Most do ! you cant at the present time

Because there are too few E85 fuel stations,

It will require much effort to find E85 Fueling stations In California, For they are few and far between and the USA

Sir We cannot be rid of the C.A.R.B Soon enough, For we here in California as well as the

Around the entire Nation wish to have our ***Freedom Back***

From this overly Funded Power hungry Organization

We would like to see it replaced by a much smaller

Organization Called: "The National Environmental Solutions Agency"

Respectfully, Bon

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
Dear Bon.

Thank you for writing, and expressing your concerns. One thing you must understand about this country is that I don't work for you. Modern government is for special interests, by special interest. I make major bucks going along with what my cronies need to see happen. The global warming scam is very profitable for us, yes we do know it hurts almost every citizen, but that's not really the issue is it? Thanks again for writing, now get humped.

Sincerely,

Jerry Brown.

:laughing:

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dear Bon.

Thank you for writing, and expressing your concerns. One thing you must understand about this country is that I don't work for you. Modern government is for special interests, by special interest. I make major bucks going along with what my cronies need to see happen. The global warming scam is very profitable for us, yes we do know it hurts almost every citizen, but that's not really the issue is it? Thanks again for writing, now get humped.

Sincerely,

Jerry Brown.

:laughing:

Yeah he still has not responded

Neither has anyone from the state of California

Apparently they don't feel a need to respond to the Citizens of California

Except when the Governor cut state employees wages to Minimum wage due to the fact that they Bankrupted the state

Then State employees retaliated by not sending me my registration on time though I had paid it in full 2 month;s before it was due

Then they responded with some Bogus lie about how everything was behind schedule:nuts:

These people are Human Garbage

·
Registered
534 Posts
But what about all the new "green jobs" ???
Never mind that for every "green job " we have too
eliminate 10 or more manufacturing jobs .

·
Banned
14,241 Posts
Can't be any worse than Ahnold's Hydrogen Hiway!

Just yikes. People didn't want a propane tank. Why would they want a hydrogen tank?

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Just yikes. People didn't want a propane tank. Why would they want a hydrogen tank?
Hydrogen, I don't know about

But E85 is here and its 105 Octane *

What we really want is the Freedom to Modify our cars again

This affects every Aftermarket supplier in the Country for California is a Large Market

And the Demand Exists

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
But what about all the new "green jobs" ???
Never mind that for every "green job " we have too
eliminate 10 or more manufacturing jobs .
lol

I'm not up on Green Jobs

But, you may be right

Write the Governor Rick

and thanks for responding

Billions $$$$$$$$$$$ are at stake

·
Banned
14,241 Posts
Hydrogen, I don't know about

But E85 is here and its 105 Octane *

What we really want is the Freedom to Modify our cars again

This affects every Aftermarket supplier in the Country for California is a Large Market

And the Demand Exists
E85 can get better mileage than gasilone, too. All that is needed is a higher compression engine like you would design to run on 105 Octane. 500 hp and 26 mpg is simple. Seen a few of them.

Not sure about using food to make fuel, but it is better than pumping it out of the ground to throw into the air. But the stink of an ethanol plant is neigh unbearable!

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
E85 can get better mileage than gasilone, too. All that is needed is a higher compression engine like you would design to run on 105 Octane. 500 hp and 26 mpg is simple. Seen a few of them.

Not sure about using food to make fuel, but it is better than pumping it out of the ground to throw into the air. But the stink of an ethanol plant is neigh unbearable!
Yeah to maximize Horsepower and fuel economy the car needs to be set up for E85

Minnesota is much more E85 friendly than California ever has been

Its also more obtainable there

I like E85 because it's produced in the United States

And keeps Billions $$$$$$$$$$$ here at home

We can import the Sugar to make it Or we can put Americans back to work in Hawaii, Texas, Louisiana and Florida where sugar cane is grown

·
Registered
5,146 Posts

Not me, I've seen what 10,000 psi of water can do. Now imagine 7,500 psi of flammable gas:surprised

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
Not me, I've seen what 10,000 psi of water can do. Now imagine 7,500 psi of flammable gas:surprised
:laughing: But you don't mind driving around with one of the most explosive liquids on the planet, under your seat? :lookinup:

Hydrogen fuel cells won't explode, even when shot.

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Hott Damn

Post of the day here Fella's

you better getchu some:nuts:

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
:laughing: But you don't mind driving around with one of the most explosive liquids on the planet, under your seat? :lookinup:

Hydrogen fuel cells won't explode, even when shot.
Yes, because its not under pressure.

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
Yes, because its not under pressure.
:laughing: Your only about a million times more likely to die from a gasoline explosion, than a hydrogen fuel cell explosion. :thumbsup:

I'm sure the people on the Hindenburg would like to hear your safety speech on Hydrogen. :laughing:
:rolling: That was 74 years ago, when the Nazi's filled a helium blimp with hydrogen because the US gov cut off their helium. Big mistake, but quite different from a hydrogen fuel cell.. :thumbsup:

You would be struck by lightning about 3 times, before your hydrogen fuel cell ever blew you up.. :laughing:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts