Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
...twisting your mind and smashing your dreams.
9,389 Posts
That video makes me feel so damn lazy. Man that's a killer car!:partyon:

·
DC Crew
12,250 Posts
The car that inspired a book! :thumbsup:

As always a killer car ... awesome! :cheers:

You were selling it at one time, if I remember, did you sell it?

·
...twisting your mind and smashing your dreams.
9,389 Posts
You were selling it at one time, if I remember, did you sell it?

no, cause if that were the case it'd be in my garage:laughing:

·
Registered
6 Posts
that car

that is the most awesome c3 i have ever seen. wow. i have to have the hoops behind the seats, they are next for me....

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
Man, that car makes my di................well.......you know.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
I had a very strong offer on it that was tempting, but the wife put her foot down and said NO! :partyon:
Good woman there. She sounds like a keeper. Cool video and I for one am glad you did not sell it.

OT question, did you ever work out the electric wiper door?

·
DC Crew
4,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
OT question, did you ever work out the electric wiper door?
Yes...and no. I worked it out and set up a couple of cars with it. It works great. However, I can't get it clean and simple enough to really feel comfortable expecting folks to make that many mods to install one.

Believe it or not, right now Killer is dead. I went to start it a few weeks ago and it was spitting and sputtering, then stalled. Went to re-start and it would spin over perfect, but won't run.

After doing the usual - plugs - cap - rotor - coil - and having the ignition module checked, and compression test, I called Edelbrock's EFI dept for help. They had me check the volts while starting. It is dropping off to 8 or 9 volts while starting, where it requires 10.5 to light off the ignition system. The unusual thing, is the gear reduction starter is spinning just as fast and hard as ever.

So now I am trying to figure out if I have a bad ground, or if the starter is pulling too many amps. In fact, I got tired of pushing it in and out of the garage while we do the 85 LS2 Vette... so I shoved it outside where it sits right now. Oh...I also put in a new 1000 CCA battery for good measure...but even with the charger on the car on 100 amp boost and 14 static volts it will drop to 9.5 while cranking. :huh: Its always something...but this is the first time the car has ever not ran or been able to move under its own power. I think Killer is jealous of all the attention the 85 Vette is getting, as they are housed side by side right now and Killer is covered in dust and grime coming off the body work from the other car.

·
Premium Member
6,667 Posts
Absolutly, hands down, my favorite C3.:thumbsup:
Glad you kept it.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Yes...and no. I worked it out and set up a couple of cars with it. It works great. However, I can't get it clean and simple enough to really feel comfortable expecting folks to make that many mods to install one.

Believe it or not, right now Killer is dead. I went to start it a few weeks ago and it was spitting and sputtering, then stalled. Went to re-start and it would spin over perfect, but won't run.

After doing the usual - plugs - cap - rotor - coil - and having the ignition module checked, and compression test, I called Edelbrock's EFI dept for help. They had me check the volts while starting. It is dropping off to 8 or 9 volts while starting, where it requires 10.5 to light off the ignition system. The unusual thing, is the gear reduction starter is spinning just as fast and hard as ever.

So now I am trying to figure out if I have a bad ground, or if the starter is pulling too many amps. In fact, I got tired of pushing it in and out of the garage while we do the 85 LS2 Vette... so I shoved it outside where it sits right now. Oh...I also put in a new 1000 CCA battery for good measure...but even with the charger on the car on 100 amp boost and 14 static volts it will drop to 9.5 while cranking. :huh: Its always something...but this is the first time the car has ever not ran or been able to move under its own power. I think Killer is jealous of all the attention the 85 Vette is getting, as they are housed side by side right now and Killer is covered in dust and grime coming off the body work from the other car.

:surprised Boy I hate to hear something like this. Hopefully the low voltage is just a bad ground and can be cleaned up easy enough. As you know I am getting ready to do the FI conversion in my car, I just hope it goes nice and easy. I have no idea where I would start troubleshooting one of these LS setups.

·
Registered
13 Posts
One of the most beautiful "shark" I've ever seen!!!!:partyon:

I'd like your wheels!!! Size? Brand? Model?:thumbsup:
And what about tires size?
Does your Vette have ZL1 fenders and/or offset trailing arms?

:cheers:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts