Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Changed to oil, new aircleaner and replaced a bunch of vac lines (still need to do more)..old rusty aircleaner is in the trash.
Took it for a spin last night and when I opened up the 4bbl got LOTS of knock. Sprayed a good quart of water down the carb and running better today (no knock at WOT) Still need to do the plugs,wires and stuff.

a couple of questions.

1. What length of side pipe for the 4 into 1 pipes (wife wants them powder coated white)
2. What is a good header to go with sidepipes (I'll have them jetcoated)
3. Were is the main feed line for the heater control..doesn't move off the floor setting. I can't hear any vac pressure when moving the controler.

But now the car is going to have to sit untill the end of the month, work called and have to go pack. But I'll have internet and will be able to order crap.

Here's a pic of my other cars, I do most of my own work (Don't trust most Mechs)

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
Were is the main feed line for the heater control..doesn't move off the floor setting. I can't hear any vac pressure when moving the controler.
You should find a small line T'd off the headlight vacuum right behind the check valve/filter. It then goes along the firewall just past the dizzy, and thru a 3 holed grommet into the pass compartment, on the passenger side.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You should find a small line T'd off the headlight vacuum right behind the check valve/filter. It then goes along the firewall just past the dizzy, and thru a 3 holed grommet into the pass compartment, on the passenger side.
Thanks, so going thru the glove box should give easy access. :thumbsup:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts