Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
DC Crew
53,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There was a bad car crash during the "road tour" at Bloomington Gold.

It had been raining, and a C4 lost control, rolling several times - crushing the roof and trapping the passengers inside.

Word from the scene was not easy to hear. It's most likely they are no longer with us.

I wish the best to their families.

:(

·
El Teafive
10,489 Posts
Patrick96LT4 said:

It had been raining, and a C4 lost control, rolling several times - crushing the roof and trapping the passengers inside.

Word from the scene was not easy to hear. It's most likely they are no longer with us.

HOLY ****!!! I did not hear that, where on the tour did it happen??

·
DC Crew
53,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We cut out of the tour earlier because it was pouring rain like buckets and it was not much fun.

I believe it was when the tour was on it's way back, because I understand they closed the roads and let a large portion of the tour stranded while the emergency equip was sent in (and helicopter).

·
Registered
4,956 Posts
saw this in the other forum:

"According to a trauma nurse at Good Sam, the one person she saw from a bad one-car crash involving a Corvette that was air-lifted to her hospital is "fine" (just broken bones). She thinks it happened in/near Elburn. Medics said the car had "30,000" miles on it and "blew apart". No idea if this is the same accident or if the medics statements are true."

I left a message for my brother who ran the police detail from St. Charles PD, to see if I could get any info...

·
El Teafive
10,489 Posts
ChiMan said:
saw this in the other forum:

"According to a trauma nurse at Good Sam, the one person she saw from a bad one-car crash involving a Corvette that was air-lifted to her hospital is "fine" (just broken bones). She thinks it happened in/near Elburn. Medics said the car had "30,000" miles on it and "blew apart". No idea if this is the same accident or if the medics statements are true."

I left a message for my brother who ran the police detail from St. Charles PD, to see if I could get any info...
That would be it I bet, the Cruise was on Keslinger road and went right through Elburn on the South side..

B

·
0 Posts
Wow...Im glad they are still alive and Im glad that Patrick and I pulled out of the tour when we did. WHEW!

·
Registered
58 Posts
BIG LAW MAN said:
Wow...Im glad they are still alive and Im glad that Patrick and I pulled out of the tour when we did. WHEW!
Hey BLM any possible way you can find out if she made it or not? When I was there with her she was not breathing very well at all and I would have thought she would have been the one that got air lifted. Its all I am really thinking of now and cant get her pleaze for help out of my head.

·
DC Crew
53,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
jimbonic said:
Hey BLM any possible way you can find out if she made it or not? When I was there with her she was not breathing very well at all and I would have thought she would have been the one that got air lifted. Its all I am really thinking of now and cant get her pleaze for help out of my head.
Jim, I can't even imagine how traumatic that was - . I'm sure she took comfort in the fact that you were there trying to help her.

You are a good man. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
11,627 Posts
Hopefully, everyone will be ok. A couple of prayers tonight would'nt hurt.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
wow:surprised Our thoughts and prayers are with those folks.

Reading the article made me think...bald tires?

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
I'm hoping both make it to drive a Corvette again. My prayers go out to them and their families.

B

·
0 Posts
jimbonic said:

I tried calling over there today, and the investigators are off. I will try tomorrow or tuesday.

·
El Teafive
10,489 Posts
biltogo said:
Reading the article made me think...bald tires?
I hope they both pull through too, but I am thinking the cause is either:

A bad tie rod end on the rear of the car, maybe it let go..

The other thing is maybe they never drove the vette in rain, let alone a down pour. I mean they said in the article, mid 80's vette. looked like a 90 in the picture (front wheel) and only has 30K miles, as you know many vette owners NEVER drive in the rain. it could very well be a factor, first year I had my vette I put 20K miles on it, drove in rain all the time, it took some getting use to..

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Patrick96LT4 said:

My wife and I will give our deepest sympathies to all,and our hearts with prayer will be with them.kenny 1984:(

·
DC Crew
53,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Jeff, it was raining like a hurricane for a bit. A couple of times I just focused on the rear of BLM's Z06 because I couldn't see the road lines.

Maybe they hydro-planed.... maybe they over-reacted on the brakes... or got the car squirrly from too much throttle.... all of the conditions were there for an accident.

·
DC Pit Crew
11,957 Posts
sad to hear this. :( hopefully is everyone is alright

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.