Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was contacted by some contractors who were remodeling an apartment by my house. Apparently, they were less than careful when delivering the drywall for the job they were doing. They also couldn't understand why the owner of the car was upset with the damage they did because the car wasn't in "immaculate shape" to begin with. :WTF

So I took a look at the car. Here's what I was looking at.

These were some nasty scratches. I didn't even know that drywall was heavy enough to do that kind of damage. Then they told me that they were bringing it in by stacks of 5 or more. Go figure.

So, I broke out some clay and Detail Spray, my Flex and some Severe Swirl Remover (SSR). The conditions that I was working in were NOT ideal. It was 79 degrees outside and the car was sitting in direct sunlight. It had been there for hours so the surface of the car was hot. I was also going to be working across a seam, something that can cause a lot of dusting when working in these conditions. I was able to cool the damaged area down a lot by claying and using plenty of lubricant but given the temperatures, this is a job best done inside or at least in the shade. This is especially true when using SSR or Swirl & Haze Remover (SHR).

After doing 2 passes with SSR (which finished down very nicely I should add), and then two passes with SHR, I took these pics. The repair is going very nice so far but you will notice a distinct difference once I finish up with FMP.

After doing two passes with FMP, here's what I was looking at. Notice how much richer the color is.

I guess I could have cleaned off a little bit of the dust, eh? Notice the two guilty parties in the photo toward the right. :lookinup:

That's it! Nothing you boys and girls haven't seen before. One thing to note:

I didn't use one drop of wax during this repair. :thumbsup:

The Junkman

·
Banned
7,823 Posts
yea, you gotta do mine :partyon:

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
NC is not that far away. Bring it on up! :thumbsup:

·
Banned
7,823 Posts
I for a few years when ever I drove from here to WI and back, I always went thru Louisville....64 to 65....but really hated the condition of the highway thru the city so now i take another way lol.

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They are in good shape now compared to most cities I've driven through. ;)

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Looks good. I would suggest photoshop to get rid of the ugly dude with the camera.:laughing:
I'm going to be hiding in your glove box on Monday morning. :devil:

·
Banned
7,823 Posts

·
Banned
7,823 Posts
hey, I never said anything about you being fat.....But since you brought it up, are ya feelin' like you need a little PT in your life? :rolling:

I would feel real sorry for having to introduce my Saiga 12ga semi-auto shotty with a 20 round drum to anyone who decided to come in unannounced at night :rolling::spanked:

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey, i just announced that I was coming! Damn military guys, you have to spell it out for them or else. Now I know why we use the KISS method! :laughing:

·
Banned
7,823 Posts

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Junkman I hope you got some good $$$$ for that fix. I just got my Adams " Junkmans special in the mail " Great kit. I washed it today, next weekend will be the paint correction day.

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
like I said, that is for uninvited guests....I have something special for the invited ones http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/81187253/ until i can find pics
You are NOT right! :laughing:

Junkman I hope you got some good $$$$ for that fix. I just got my Adams " Junkmans special in the mail " Great kit. I washed it today, next weekend will be the paint correction day.
Two pieces of advice. Watch this video series about 10 times and DON'T move the polisher too fast. :thumbsup:

You bring your Adams stuff and I'll bring Sam Adam's stuff:D
I don't know. Beer gives me gas! :surprised

1 - 17 of 17 Posts