Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've always wondered ever since I saw this, but a C6 Corvette with Lambo/Ferrari doors that swing up. What is up with that and where did it come from? Are they dealer installed or custom conversions? Don't really want one, was just interested cause it struck me as a bit wierd.

·
SinisterC6's Daddy
1,026 Posts
I've always wondered ever since I saw this, but a C6 Corvette with Lambo/Ferrari doors that swing up. What is up with that and where did it come from? Are they dealer installed or custom conversions? Don't really want one, was just interested cause it struck me as a bit wierd.
Kit sold @ Westcoastcorvettes...

·
Registered
232 Posts
i saw a buick lasabre with lambo doors. cool! lol for daily use i dont think they are very good. hard to get out in parking spots and what not. from what ive heard they getting very annoying very fast. cool for show cars or attention getters. corvette could pull it off possibly but id have to see it in person

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Don't do it. Might look ok at first, but it ruins the car. Its an aftermarket kit and you have to gut out your front fenders to mount the support brackets. I've seen one up close on a C5 the other day. It took the guy 5 minutes to get the door shut (he couldn't get it to align properly) and when the door was open, it just swayed in the wind...I thought it was gonna snap off.

I don't know...maybe he didn't install it properly, but in my opinion its crap

·
Registered
939 Posts
I like...:thumbsup:

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Its definately cool, imo, but I don't know if i'd personally really trust aftermarket parts for something as detailed and easy to break as this (kinda does seem like they might snap off). I dunno, it's definately got the cool factor cause its diff but i have to do more research into this lol. I started off saying hell no, then started thinking about it a little bit, and now i'm confused :\

1 - 9 of 9 Posts