Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, i have a question, so I do a 383 project, I have at home a 350 block casting 3970010 -0.40 over four bolt, I want to do a 383 with a rotating Eagle, my question is this, I've always liked the heads World, I used three times the S / R Torquer, which coupled to a cam Performer intake and carb 600 cfm Edelbrok, they gave me about 250 hp at the wheel, now why do I want at least 300, I have at home a manifold Holley Contender, already mounted on the engine, but I do not know its features, plus a 750 double pump Holley always.
I would have thought to put a couple of heads Sportsmann II 200 cc, just do not know which cam couple, but I would like a reliable engine to use, even daily, that you advise me?
...grazie...thanks-ciao!:huh:

·
Banned
7,823 Posts
if you want world products heads, forget the sportsman II and go for the mowtown series. they are a much better head and make more power.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
if you want world products heads, forget the sportsman II and go for the mowtown series. they are a much better head and make more power.
...yes but the Motown are more large...220 cc, so i want the power at low rpm, not at high!:lookinup:

·
Banned
6,201 Posts
I've heard it said that Aluminum Heads are the way to go. :thumbsup:

Also, isn't the 750 too big a carb for the 350 engine?

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've heard it said that Aluminum Heads are the way to go. :thumbsup:

Also, isn't the 750 too big a carb for the 350 engine?
... Rather than iron, and you seem to outwardly stock can paint the same color as the block ... the carburetor 750, but I do the 383,... But you do not have a 383, what you have installed???:spanked:

·
Premium Member
4,668 Posts
yes but the Motown are more large...220 cc, so i want the power at low rpm, not at high
If you want the power at low RPM you would want smaller runner sizes. A 195CC head will have more velocity then a 220 CC runner and it will make more torque and lower your power band. I run 200 CC heads on a 4300 pound Impala and it needs lots of torque.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you want the power at low RPM you would want smaller runner sizes. A 195CC head will have more velocity then a 220 CC runner and it will make more torque and lower your power band. I run 200 CC heads on a 4300 pound Impala and it needs lots of torque.:thumbsup:
In fact, I think at this point not to go beyond the 180 cc and I saw how the Dart Iron Eagle heads, I do not seem to hurt!
What you think?:smack

1 - 7 of 7 Posts