Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got around to posting my images of my restoration. Now if you go to my gallery you can see my 75 Stingray's progress through its re-birth. Sort the images by "Image Name" to get a chronological order. Tell me what you think. I will post more images as I have time to work on it.

I am getting ready to buy the rest of my engine parts and was wondering what everyone thought was quality for intake manifold, carb, and accessories. Im not lookin for raw power so much as reliability and tuneability (if thats a word). Also, has anyone installed one of the V-Belt to Serpentine Belt conversions?

·
Extra Crispy
5,119 Posts
You have alot of work ahead of you. I wish all the best and Good Luck!

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
DAMN!!!! That looks like ALOT of work!!!
Best of luck to ya.
my p/s pump is so close to the frame I don't see how there's room for a serp. belt pulley.
Jegs.com, Summitraceing.com or Holley.com has alot of nice intakes and/or top end kits
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
79 Posts
rgevers04, my hat is off to you sir. I recently finished a 69 coupe that started just as yours. My body rested on 2x8's supported on 35 gallon drums, similar to yours. I guarantee you will be an expert on your car when finished. Keep track of how many shims are under each body bolt. This will make mounting with the right number much easier.

I kept with the original 350-350 intake and carb, but it cost way more than if I had gone with an Edelbrock set-up. I had to patch a crack in my intake and needed to buy a rebuildable carb core. The Edelbrock unit would have saved time, money and looked good. The purests in the hobby my find fault with this, but if you are not building an NCRS show car, who cares.

I also bought a new distributor, radiator and heater core. While rebuilding my engine I read a good article on head porting and pocket ported my heads and balanced my rod and piston sets.
I only include this in my response to you as it is something you can do if inclined. All you will need is a die grinder and burs or rotary files. I used a belt sander to take weight from the rod balance pads.

My rebuild utilized the original M20 4 sp, but doing it over I would look into a 5 or 6 speed swap. I think an IROC or Trans AM tranny will work with minimal mods. If you have an automatic 350 you might consider a 700R4 or newer model.

The rear parts were all funky, so I went to Vette Products and installed their Grand Touring susp package and don't regret it. I also used their s/s lined calipers and brake lines. Beware the lines, they will leak fluid unless you get them very, very tight, at least they did on me. Some teflon tape may have helped in this effort. I also couldn't get a brake pedal with silicone fluid. After giving up, I just used Dot 3 and got a solid pedal right away.

Anyway, these are some of the things I did and hope it could give you some considerations. Good luck and have fun!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the feedback. Its good to hear that I am not the only crazy (or stupid) enough to attempt this. I will look into all of the parts mentioned. Thanks again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts