Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is for the guys that give the car a few pumps with the accelerator before firing when cold.
Next time give it a few pumps and then put on the seat belt. Give it a bit of time after pumping.
I give mine a few pumps and then close the side bar and install the 5 point.
This is sufficient time for the gas to vaporize in the motor and the startup is alot faster and less cranking.:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Ive been doing that since I bought mine. Its the perfect amount of time to strap in the lap belt and fire her up.

:thumbsup:

·
Banned
3,855 Posts
Meh, for decades now, i'ts one or two pumps to the floor and then hit the switch....same for 2 bbl 318 work truck here in Florida, winter or summer...

winter beng 30f at lowest...normally...

with fuel injection let the computer handle it...

:D :cheers:

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
Meh, for decades now, i'ts one or two pumps to the floor and then hit the switch....same for 2 bbl 318 work truck here in Florida, winter or summer...

winter beng 30f at lowest...normally...

with fuel injection let the computer handle it...

:D :cheers:

If it's below 30* at home, I don't bother to try and start my Vette. I can darn near drop a beer can down the carb, and there's no choke. If I did get it started, it does make plenty of heat.

:laughing:

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,618 Posts
Never thought about it be it makes sense

·
Registered
130 Posts
That's always been the method for starting a roots blown motor...no reason it won't work on others.
I don't know about the fuel "vaporizing" unless by that you mean it has time to disperse throughout the intake, I'll buy that :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts