Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I didnt think the day would ever come, but I found out that my daughter may be partially deaf or deaf and I have no idea what will have to be done next. possibly sign language lessons for me if she really is that bad off.

However family comes first and considering I still got a ways to go to finish my car (body and interior mostly) I really do not want that financial drain on me I want to make sure my family is well taken care of.

So it looks like I will be selling the 82 ls1 vette. This car introduced me to a whole new world and ALOT of new freinds. I have met some great freinds off the DC community as well and I will continue to visit here every day.

Maybe in a few years I will buy me another and do it up the same way.

So for any of you guys that might be interested in my car I will have it in the for sale section sometime today more than likely. I know I will never recover the amount of money I have in it but for what I am asking its a steal of a deal for the parts thats in it.

·
DC Crew
53,226 Posts
Sorry to hear about what is going on with your daughter. Vettes are just toys, you aren't the first that has sold his to take care of family biz.

Good luck man.
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks yeah I dont want to but I have another fast toy thats corvette engine powered so I cant see having both and I still the body and interior to finish on this one.

My loss is definetly someone elses gain I could part this car out and probably make more than 10k but I want to see it get finished.

·
Registered
7,962 Posts
There will always be Corvettes. Jill and I wish the Best for your Daughter...:thumbsup:

ZEP

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
Wow sorry to hear that. I hope your car and your parts will put some cash in the kitty.

:cheers:

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah Im hoping to find a buyer but cosmeticly the car is a mess, and people tend to look at that over performance. but it can easlily apraise for 35k once its finished that i know for a fact and ive estimated about another 10 to finish off the body and interior to get it there. if someone can do it themselfs they would easily save alot.

all the hard work is done and it hast most every MOD that us c3 guys do to our vettes.

I am not sure about my daughter as of yet, but not only that her mother is not doing so well financially and I am unable to get custody of her due to the army so I am probably going to have to start paying some of her bills as well to make sure my girl has a good roof over her head.

spread the word up there in the dallas area if you would.

·
Supporting Vendor
3,776 Posts
Sorry to hear of this, best wishes. Your family is more important then any vette. I hope things work out for the best and someday you may be back working on one of these,with your daughter by your side.:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
11,627 Posts
Sorry to hear, but you have your priorities straight and are doing the right thing. There will be other vettes down the road.
Good luck to you and your daughter.

·
Premium Member
10,260 Posts
damn, my heart just suck reading that. Sorry to hear of your troubles, but just as these guys & gals have said, you're doing the right thing. I hope you find a buyer who sees the true value in all that you've had done to the car. Best of luck with the sale, and best of luck with your daughter.

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
I think you can get a free add on racingjunk.com, this kind of project might get some attention. Lots of street car projects on there.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Sorry to hear this, but you are doing what's necessary and you will be blessed for it. Don't forget to look for any special grants or programs for children and parents on this matter. Lot's of free money out there that we sometimes miss. I wish you the best of luck and I will say a prayer for you. Shannon

·
Registered
4,435 Posts
Tuner, sorry to hear about your daughters problem.
Make sure you check out all the avenues for assistance
that are out there. The Federal Govt. has grants for
disabilities and they're just dying to give out the cash,
don't miss out on it.
You're doing the right thing, for sure. Children are golden
and always #1. You're in our prayers.

·
Banned
6,201 Posts
Sorry to hear about your daughter. How old is she?

Selling the vette is the only right thing to do.. Bless you. :)

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
WOW, I wish the best for your daughter. Being a father myself I could only imagine
what your dealing with right now, we always hope for the best for or children , but
some times we are dealt a crappy hand in life. I hope the lose of hearing is a
temporary thing and she doesn't have to deal with a life long disability.
I have been dealing with some pretty difficult times myself lately, and My advice
about the car is to not make a hasty move just yet, I have found that things have
a way of working out just fine with a lot of hard work and proper dissections.

I wish you and your daughter the best and hope you both come out on top in the end.

Riggs.

·
Registered
12,410 Posts
As a divorced father of a disabled daughter I feel your pain on a personal level. As said above vettes are just toys and a daughter or a son is nothing short of a miracle.

Doing the right thing has it's own rewards in the short run, and in time brings order and peace for everyone involved. From my personal experience I can tell you that there is a bright light at the end of the tunnel.

Prayers for you, your daughter, and her mother. It's a worthy sacrifice to put one's own dreams aside for the well-being of another. It's what good father's do. Your daughter is very lucky to have a father like you.

·
Registered
534 Posts
I would do the same thing if I had kids , family first .
However that is also the reason I don"t have kids
can't have anything stand in the way for me to enjoy and
persue my dreams to the fullest .

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
It's the only right thing to do

We'd all do the same thing if it was one of our Daughters

·
Registered
905 Posts
I'm guessing she's very young? If so, it will be easier for her later in life. I can only imagine how hard this is on you. I will keep your family in my prayers and don't worry, there will be other Vettes in your future. Take care my friend, Art

1 - 20 of 31 Posts