Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted on another Forum and still do not know how to proceed.:cheers:

I have a 2000 A4 Vert. My gear shift indicator...that little red plastic piece that moves as you go from Park to Drive, etc...either broke or came loose some time ago. :WTF It is annoying only and has no impact on the drivability of the car. I know what all I have to do to get to the part...what I am wondering is this: what is the likelihood of that part being broken vs merely loose? If it is broken, I want to purchase a replacement part before I tear into the console to get at it and then have to wait for a part? I know several DC members have had their cars apart for all sorts of reasons. Some may even have their console apart as we speak? :D Can anyone tell me (pictures would be wonderful) what this part looks like once removed and whether it can simply come loose and fall into "1" on the shift indicator??

I have the rocking seat issue and may tackle both of these concerns at the same time. I just need to know whether to see about purchasing a shift indicator thing-a-ma-bob?:thumbsup:

LT

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
Hey LT,I have the shift indicator assembly sitting in my toolbox.I will take a pic when I get home this afternoon. Its possible that the piece slipped out of the plastic track it sits in. I would take it apart and have a look at it.-later

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey LT,I have the shift indicator assembly sitting in my toolbox.I will take a pic when I get home this afternoon. Its possible that the piece slipped out of the plastic track it sits in. I would take it apart and have a look at it.-later
Thanks, dude...I appreciate the help.

LT:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
Here is a pic of the indicator. It sits in a slideing track.The shifter has a white plastic sleave that the red indicator slides into.By the looks of it ,I would say that if the indicator is broken you may have to buy a new boot assembly.

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
Its possible the indicator is not making contact with the gear shift lever .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts