Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been to a few car shows this year and I see alot of guys wiping down there cars with some kind of final detail spray . I haven't asked anyone and some of these guys have it in unmarked bottles like its some kind of secret receipe. Anyone know what is being used?

·
Registered
829 Posts
Probably Adams or Zaino. Smell it , if it smells like bubble gum it's Adams. I think Zaino smells more like cotton candy. :drink:

·
Registered
623 Posts
I have been to a few car shows this year and I see alot of guys wiping down there cars with some kind of final detail spray . I haven't asked anyone and some of these guys have it in unmarked bottles like its some kind of secret receipe. Anyone know what is being used?
There are tons of detail spray on the market. Everybody makes one. Griot's Garage makes one called Speed Shine that is pretty good. But I prefer Adam's.

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Whats the stuff called and is it a spray cleaner or a type of wax?

·
Registered
566 Posts
If it is in an unmarked bottle it is more than likely a product that can be bought in quantity. I'm guessing Adams sells in quantity. Buy five gallons and split it up with your buds and its cheaper.

I have gotten in on some Poorboys spray and wash as well as their spray and gloss.

Zaino, to my knowledge, does not sell in quantity and it would be unlikely that someone would put Z6 in another spray bottle, unless the bottle was smaller to make it easier to carry around in the car.

A detail spray used at a car show is great to help remove that bit of dust and fine things that you got when driving your car to the show.

·
DC Crew
2,988 Posts
If it looks like this! It's Clearkote Quick Shine.:thumbsup:

·
DC Crew
2,988 Posts

·
Mo-Fo
7,510 Posts
I never hide my Adam's bottle at shows. In fact, I almost always have to have a couple extra sample bottles with me to hand out cause everyone wants to know what I use. :cheers:

·
Registered
548 Posts
I never hide my Adam's bottle at shows. In fact, I almost always have to have a couple extra sample bottles with me to hand out cause everyone wants to know what I use. :cheers:
...and I am always looking to save a dollar or two, so I gladly take them off you hands....:laughing:

·
DC Crew
2,988 Posts
Thanks!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
112 Posts
Hey AK,

Your car looks awesome, besides the KlearKote what else do you use on your car? I have an '02 magnetic red and I wish mine could shine like yours.

Any tips?

·
DC Crew
2,988 Posts
Adam's Butter Wax and Clearkote Quick Shine. Once every month, I'll go over it with 3M Liquid Swirl Mark Remover and 3M Machine Polish, they actually work.:thumbsup:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts