Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really want to pick up an exhaust for my z06

been searching for used exhausts for a while but people ask ridicioulous prices for them.

I was debating between the BB bullets or the Corsa's

I really love the sound of the corsa's though.

Here is my question as far as sound is concerned. Will it be that much louder if I get the corsa x-pipe as apposed to using the stock H-pipe???

I really would like to do some longtube headers, with corsa x-pipe and corsa pipes....

·
Registered
3 Posts

been searching for used exhausts for a while but people ask ridicioulous prices for them.

Here is my question as far as sound is concerned. Will it be that much louder if I get the corsa x-pipe as apposed to using the stock H-pipe???

I really would like to do some longtube headers, with corsa x-pipe and corsa pipes....
I Put the corsa on mine with the stock H pipe. It is PLENTY loud enough. The bullets are way to loud for me and have heavy drone. The corsa has a pretty substantial drone in 6th gear at 75 mph, which was disappointing as the corsa system on my C5 was drone free in all gears at all rpms. Also the quality of the welds was very poor on the Z06 corsa system. The quality of the C5 system was top notch, but I guess everything is getting cheaper these days.

·
Registered
20 Posts

I have the B+B bullets on mine and they are loud, but not excessive. The drone is terrible, never had a system that was anything close to this. Not even Borla stingers!
So, just do your research well before you buy.

Good Luck,

DJ

·
Banned
7,823 Posts
I had BB Route 66 exhaust on my car when I bought it- the drone was killing me quickly. I currently have Corsa Tigershark Pace Car exhause now and am resonance free.

One thing you may be getting some resonance from is the stock H pipe, I have never seen a C6 with a Corsa exhaust and X pipe have drone issues.

·
Registered
163 Posts
have Corsa cat backs only on my Z06 and absolutely love them. I did not do the cross over pipe on my C5 or the C6 because personally I love the popping as you back down. Not too loud in my opinion inside at any speed or RPM but very nice outside the car. Suggestion: I have had several folks at Corvette car shows ask me to light it up so they can compare Corsa with other systems at the show.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts