1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
I just got my ABS power brake eletricly boosted power brake kit.
Anyone out there that has one of these where did you mount the pump.
http://www.abspowerbrake.com/copperhead_320.wmv

What about on the frame, behind the side vents? It's a place near the master, fairly easy to access, and shouldn't require a whole lot of work to mount.

I may have more room though, since I have removed a few items from the engine bay.

If there isn't a minimum pressure line length, what about in the nose? You could run you lines up along where the factory harness and vacuum lines run.

·
Registered
91 Posts
The drivers side gill vent location on the frame works great. It's basically hidden but still easily accessible. On that side I also put my firebird actuators for the Killer Lights and on the passenger side the MSD Dgital 6 box. 3 fasteners per gill and you have easy access to everything.

This is a great upgrade. Pedal pressure is always constant and very firm.

:cheers:

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What hardware did you use to mount the pump and did you just drill directly into the frame?

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So do you all think that the frame is thick enough to use some self tapping screws to mount the pump to the frame?

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
So do you all think that the frame is thick enough to use some self tapping screws to mount the pump to the frame?

Frame thickness is good. Might be too thick for self tapping screws though. I would recommend drilling holes, tapping them, then mounting the pump with bolts and lock washers.

·
Registered
91 Posts
To get the location that I wanted an L bracket was welded to the frame and two holes in the plate drilled & tapped to mount it. Frame & bracket got a final coat of ChassyKote for protection before final mounting of the ABS unit. Two additional photos for reference:

:cheers:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts