Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Working on my 2000 vette abs problem.
I am tracing wiring coming from LF wheel sensor for a break in the wiring. I have checked the wires (light blue & yellow wire) from the wheel sensor to the firewall. That section is good. Where do the two wires go to from the firewall area? They look to go over the bell housing but no way to trace them from there.

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
36,361 Posts
I don't have access to my repair manual right now and not trying to second guess you but are you sure it is the wiring? what kind of codes do you have?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ABS wiring

DTC code is 1232-wheel speed circuit open or shorted. Any info on where the wires (light blue & yellow) are going to from the firewall location. I have already checked the wires up to there with a meter & readings show good connections . Already replaced the LF wheel sensor assembly.

·
Premium Member
4,693 Posts
DTC code is 1232-wheel speed circuit open or shorted. Any info on where the wires (light blue & yellow) are going to from the firewall location. I have already checked the wires up to there with a meter & readings show good connections . Already replaced the LF wheel sensor assembly.
Do you have longtube headers? Those wires run along the bottom of the driver's side of the engine block and sometimes longtube headers melt these wires. These are pictures from when I installed my LSX engine..

These wires run under the LH engine mount and are bolted to the engine block. But come dangerously close to longtube headers. And this happens..

The repair is simple..

The ABS module is also under the hood and in front of the engine so looking behind the dash for a WSS failure is just a loosing proposition. If you already changed the hub bearing and you have LT headers this is where you should be looking.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The headers were professionally installed by Ragin Racing & were routed well away from the piping. I have a lift in my garage & checked this wiring initially. No melted wiring . I have traced the wires up to the firewall. All good up to there.

·
Premium Member
4,693 Posts
The headers were professionally installed by Ragin Racing & were routed well away from the piping. I have a lift in my garage & checked this wiring initially. No melted wiring . I have traced the wires up to the firewall. All good up to there.
Well then my man, it sounds like you need a diagram and a lab scope. Those wires do not pass through the firewall that is just where they join the main engine harness at. They lead to the Electronic Brake and Traction Control Module(EBTCM) that is mounted to the side of the Hydraulic Control Unit(HCU) and the assembly mounts directly in front of the alternator and power steering pump on your car. A DVOM or multimeter might help you isolate continuity or look for a short but if you hope to check signal integrity or look at a waveform in any meaningful way then you will need a lab scope.

There is a sub harness that runs along the lower control arm and connects the hub bearing assembly you replaced to the main harness. Sometimes this harness can fall out of the control arm and the length of it that hangs down just a little can chaff and rub through. We have observed this also. Past that you can look for the green corrosion in the connectors on both sides of that sub harness and the big connector at the EBTCM. these should be the only connections between the sensor and controller.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts