Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
C5 dual zone climate control. I replaced the blower motor and speed control module because the blower was not working. Now the A/C is only blowing hot air. The compressor is working and I put gauges on it and there is pressure in the system. On the outermost scale of the gauges on both high and low side it shows a reading of 5. When the A/C is switched on the low side goes to 2 1/2 and the high side to 7 1/2. I'm looking for suggestions and preferred readings for a functional system. It's been quite a while since I did any A/C work and it seems there is no longer an expansion valve but an orifice tube from what I can determine.

My questions are:

Can any determination or guess about the problem be speculated from the information I have obtained?

Is it worth trying a complete evacuation and recharge even though there is still gas in the system?

Would the most likely problem be the orifice tube or compressor if a recharge fails?

Is there something else I may be missing?

·
Registered
582 Posts
Do you have vacuum to the control unit behind the glove box area. I had a break in my vacuum line. The line goes from the back of the intake manifold and is wrapped in the wiring harness conduit thru the firewall to the valve. Without it the doors don’t acuate and you won’t get ac air out of the vents. I ran a new line with standard vacuum hose

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Al, the problem was a low charge. I put about 8 oz of refrigerant in the system and it started cooling. If the charge holds I will do a complete evacuation and recharge. Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts