Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys i have a 2001 6sp upon acceleration, I have a 1-2 sec noise (sounds like an electrial remote control car accelerating). the noise is present when accelerating after shifting into any gear or even if you back off throttle and re-accel no shifting involved. it is not intermittent, this happens 100% f the time.

ty for the help.

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
Can you get a sound clip of it?

Or are you close th St Joseph maybe we could take a listen to it?

·
Supporting Vendor
152 Posts
ok guys i have a 2001 6sp upon acceleration, I have a 1-2 sec noise (sounds like an electrial remote control car accelerating). the noise is present when accelerating after shifting into any gear or even if you back off throttle and re-accel no shifting involved. it is not intermittent, this happens 100% f the time.

ty for the help.

Sounds like A release bearing.

Al.

·
996 Posts
Mine does it too. I was pretty certain that it is something every C5 vette does due to the compactness of the transmission. :huh:

·
Supporting Vendor
152 Posts

·
DC Crew
53,220 Posts

ty for the help.
Does it sound like it's coming from behind the ash tray door? Like a machining kind of sound? A little mosquito-like?

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
Does it sound like it's coming from behind the ash tray door? Like a machining kind of sound? A little mosquito-like?
Does it go click click click here and klack klack klack orver there.:rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts