Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

How does the accusump work? I want to put one in in case I lose oil pressure in a turn. I have something like 7 baffles already but I want an extra measure.
Do they refill them selves?

For The coil cooler I want to use Something like this. I kind of want the sandwich adapter but any thing of nice quality is $80.

I guess one like this would probably be fine.

As for the oil cooler what would you recommend? I have roughly 400-450hp.

I also want to add this to my oil pan.

·
Banned
1,873 Posts
The accusump that you pictured works w/ a floating piston and air pressure. The cheap ones have a spring and needed to be mounted vertically. If you use this one, you use a small bicycle pump or air hose to set the air pressure on the gauge side of the accumulator. The settings are in the manual. Then, when your engine is running oil pressure will push the piston back and pressurize the air. When the oil pressure on the engine side drops the piston moves back pushing oil into the engine. The system is T-ed into an external oil line by use of a check valve
That sandwich adapter looks über cheap, get a proper one. Moroso has a nice one for not too much moolah and it uses 1/2" npt fittings, make sure you have either that or at least -10 an fittings, or better even...12.
Most of those sandwich adapters are NON bypassing BTW!! So get a long style filter w/ a HD case.
Get a quality stack plate cooler but use a thermostat!!! Mocal and such have them, I use CV products thermostata. They use -12 AN o ring boss ports so you'll need 5 of those square cut fittings for it also (actually 4 fittings and 1 plug). Use quality hose ends. The russel stuff is way too easy to assemble, not even speaking of the summit/jegs/goodridge stuff. That crap is so easy to assembly, I don't trust it. It's your oil system so I would not cut corners. Do it right or don't do it at all.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts