Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else smell a rat???

It is true however while trying to take away the right from citizens they are more than happy to defend the right for non-citizens. Here comes the slippery slope - once they win the right for legal aliens then how can you not let illegals carry.

:thud::thud::thud::thud::thud::thud:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/01/06/new-aclu-lawsuit-expand-south-dakota-gun-rights/

"In what might appear to be a shotgun wedding of opposites, the ACLU has filed a lawsuit on behalf of a non-U.S. citizen alleging that South Dakota's concealed weapons law violates his constitutional right to bear arms."

:smack:smack:smack:smack:smack:smack:

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
First and foremost... understand that the ACLU and many -many other not for profits... recoup through federal mandate, the costs incurred in defending civil rights. In other words... your and my tax dollars pay them to exist.

This is a win -win for them.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
ACLU:bang. Prediction: when the murder rate gets bad enough voters will demand the right to carry. Criminals carry anyway - guns, knives, fists, etc.

·
Premium Member
4,668 Posts
The Constitution applies to US citizens and although I have a CCW I believe it should be irrelavent. The second amendment is my concealed weapons permit.

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Anyone else smell a rat???

It is true however while trying to take away the right from citizens they are more than happy to defend the right for non-citizens. Here comes the slippery slope - once they win the right for legal aliens then how can you not let illegals carry.

Federal law and several federal cases (mentioned in your link) state that a illegal alien cannot be granted a conceal and carry permit. I fail to see why someone here legally can be lumped in with an illegal alien.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts