Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the exact conditions in order to see the "Warming Up" message? Some days I see it when I first leave the house, other days I do not, even though I leave the exact same each time. If you do not ever get the message, does that mean it is already ready to go from a previous drive or what?

TIA

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
twins0203 said:
What are the exact conditions in order to see the "Warming Up" message? Some days I see it when I first leave the house, other days I do not, even though I leave the exact same each time. If you do not ever get the message, does that mean it is already ready to go from a previous drive or what?

TIA
I never see that on my '02 Z.... of course I never see active handling either because I always turn it off.:laughing:

·
Registered
635 Posts
I have seen it a few times in cooler weather a few seconds after starting the Z. But I've only seen it about 3or4 times.

·
Registered
44 Posts
ACTIVE HANDLING WARMING UP: When you first start your vehicle during cold winter weather, and begin to drive away (up to 6 mph (10 km/h)), the message ACTIVE HANDLING WARMING UP may be displayed in the DIC. This is normal. You can acknowledge this message by pressing the RESET button. The Active Handling System performance is affected until the next message ACTIVE HANDLING READY is displayed in the DIC. See Active Handling System for more information.

·
Registered
102 Posts
twins0203 said:

TIA

The ONLY time I have ever seen this message on my 1999 C5 coupe (purchased new - now 42,000 miles) is when I forgot to plug the wiring harness connector into the sensor that is mounted in the air intake between the throttle body and the air filter housing asssembly. I had unplugged it when I removed the air coupling to clean the throttle body.

When I started the car - the message showed on the DIC. I shut it off and rechecked my work - then I realized I had not plugged in the connector. I plugged it in and there was no subsequent message.

This is a long shot - perhaps the connection on that sensor is not fully seated (or dirty) and the sensor is bad.

Good luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts