Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guy, just thought I would share this with you. Was coming home the other day after work and was making a left turn at the light. While in the turn I punched it and the ass end fish tailed on me. Not even a second later the tail end shot back straight like an arrow to the center and the tires bit back into the ashphalt. Glad the active handling wasnt turned off, who know what would have happened:lookinup:........The Active handling rocks!!! :thumbsup:

Didnt really know how the active handling would work since this is the first time I really got into a little trouble :surprised

·
DC crew
4,102 Posts
Hi guy, just thought I would share this with you. Was coming home the other day after work and was making a left turn at the light. While in the turn I punched it and the ass end fish tailed on me. Not even a 1/2 second and the tail end shot back straight like an arrow to the center. Glad the actvie handling wasnt turned off, who know what would have happened:lookinup:........The Active handling rocks!!! :thumbsup:

Didnt really know how the active handling would work since this is the first time I really got into a little trouble :surprised
I hope you learned that you can't "punch" the gas in the middle of a turn. There is nothing wrong with "Maintaince Throttle" through a turn, but never punch the gas. You upset the balance of the car.

The car saved you and Active Handling is great, but it can't always save you. Be careful, and never hit the brakes in the middle of a turn either. That's bad too.

Jr.

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
Hi guy, just thought I would share this with you. Was coming home the other day after work and was making a left turn at the light. While in the turn I punched it and the ass end fish tailed on me. Not even a second later the tail end shot back straight like an arrow to the center and the tires bit back into the ashphalt. Glad the active handling wasnt turned off, who know what would have happened:lookinup:........The Active handling rocks!!! :thumbsup:

The C6 has 17 computers that monitor and control just about everything.

The system can actually apply pressure to any or all brakes while moitoring your speed, steering wheel position, throttle, brake pedal pressure, etc... if it deternines that you need help controlling your vette!

Not sure why anyone would want to run on the streets with it deactivated other then smoke the tires for show
It really is a supercar :thumbsup:

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:agree: with both comments...thanks guys

BTW I always keep the active handling on :thumbsup:

I never do that in a turn just thought I would try it---(lesson learned ;) ) and I didnt even punch it to the floor maybe half throttle at that. Have to respect that power or you can get into serious trouble :spanked:

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
I drive my car in comp mode on the street.

:cheers:

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
their has been a lot of problems with AH its best to turn AH&TC off and drive the car instead of hoping the car will drive you, because it will kill someone if you rely on it:thumbsup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts