Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to my local Acura dealer last night to take a look at the NSX.

It's a nice looking car, but it does not seem to be worth $90,000. I mean 290 HP 220 ft/lb torque and a V6 does not merit the price. I mean a ZO6 at half the price can leave this car in its dust.

What are your guys' take on this car? Have you ever seen one or driven in one?

·
DC Crew
53,226 Posts
I have the same feelings as you.

If I had 90k I'd rather buy a used Viper AND a used Z06, instead of one NSX.

:cheers:

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
according to car @ driver mag,the thing will run 13.2 @ 106mph.for whatever thats worth.i think the older ones look better.man i had no idea that want 90 grand for that.
you could take say a 99 or 2000 c5 and 40,000 grand for the lingenfelter package,8.9 1/4 mile @ 153 mph.0 -60 1.97 seconds.top speed 230 mph.pass smog and driven on the street with the a/c on,total 70,000 bucks,give or take depending on how much you got the car for.:excited: now that gets the blood flowin.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
6,890 Posts
hawaii-5-lo said:
according to car @ driver mag,the thing will run 13.2 @ 106mph.for whatever thats worth.i think the older ones look better.man i had no idea that want 90 grand for that.
you could take say a 99 or 2000 c5 and 40,000 grand for the lingenfelter package,8.9 1/4 mile @ 153 mph.0 -60 1.97 seconds.top speed 230 mph.pass smog and driven on the street with the a/c on,total 70,000 bucks,give or take depending on how much you got the car for.:excited: now that gets the blood flowin.:thumbsup:
GOT THAT RIGHT! But I do like the appearence of the NSX, but thats it!

·
Premium Member
11,627 Posts
Patrick96LT4 said:
I have the same feelings as you.

If I had 90k I'd rather buy a used Viper AND a used Z06, instead of one NSX.

:cheers:

That would be my choice also. :)

·
Registered
271 Posts
The body is also constructed out of aluminum as well to add to the cost including titanium pushrods in the engine and numerous other tech gadgets on it.

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
the Z06 has plenty titanium also,i'm suprised theres enough of a following to keep that car alive.i like the 91(or whatever year)the guy at work has,thats just alot of money for a car.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Patrick96LT4 said:
Hand built? That would explain why it's so expensive.
Vipers are built the same way. Don't understand why anyone would want an NSX. It's a high priced ricer and that's about it.

·
Registered
336 Posts
The Acura NSX is a hand built all aluminum body car that is an exotic with the maintenance schedule of a Honda Accord, the car is made to be driven alot of miles with little or no problems with reliability, the cost to performance ratio is pretty bad but look at Mercedes or Porsche they also have cars for the same money with similar performance, its about having something different with awesome refinement, anyone here who has driven a Viper can tell you that it hauls ass but has the build quality or a Yugo (I have friends that own them and I have rented one multiple times) Not saying that its not an awesome car but seriously lacks refinement, Now the C5 is much more refined than the Viper but still cant hold a candle to the quality of the NSX or Porsche or any other car that has a higher level of quality that you are certainly gonna pay for......You get what you pay for ....or at least most of the time :)

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
still not worth kind of money.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts