Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Supporting Vendor / Car Care Sponsor
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

SAVE BIG ON EVERYTHING, INCLUDING THE NEW FLEX POLISHER KITS, NEW SEVERE SWIRL REMOVER, AND FLEX POLISHING PAD SYSTEM!!

USE THE CODE PRESALE2010 AT CHECKOUT AND SAVE 15%, NO MINIMUMS, NO GIMMICKS!!
ALL NEW PRESALE ITEMS WILL BEGIN SHIPPING WEDNESDAY NOVEMBER 17th
FIRST COME, FIRST SERVED, GET YOUR ORDER IN NOW AND SAVE BEFORE THE HOLIDAY RUSH!!

WE DIDN'T FORGET ABOUT THE PORTER CABLE GUYS EITHER, PICK UP THE NEW SEVERE SWIRL REMOVER AND PC PAD FOR A GREAT PRICE!!

Want to know more about the latest additions to our lineup? Check out the video below to see how easy perfection can be!

·
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The cobblers kids are always the last to get shoes! LOL... been so busy detailing everyone elses stuff for SEMA, magazines, testing, shows, etc that mines been put on the back-burner. Plus, its been my tester as we developed all the new stuff so I've done a little intentional improper care. I've also been traveling out of town a lot, so shes looking a little rough.
Time to bring back the shine, one panel at a time. Heres a little vid I threw together of me starting correction on the truck.

Also should mention... the sale ends Monday at midnight and is good on EVERYTHING we sell, not just the new stuff. Use the code PRESALE2010

·
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bump!! Sale ends tonight at midnight!! Don't miss the chance to save 15%, the discount is good on EVERYTHING, not just the new goods :thumbsup:

·
Registered
389 Posts
I watched that video mostly to see someone else using the Flex polisher. That thing jumps around on me like crazy, though Adam didn't seem to have that problem. It's good for correction but it gets so difficult to control it wears me out!

·
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What kind of pads are you using? I tend to have that problem with the hex cut pads more than the flat pads. Also remember, more product and less pressure... if you try to bear down on that Flex its gonna walk you all over the place.

·
Registered
389 Posts
What kind of pads are you using? I tend to have that problem with the hex cut pads more than the flat pads. Also remember, more product and less pressure... if you try to bear down on that Flex its gonna walk you all over the place.
I prefer to use the classic flat pads, or the CCS pads. I have the Kompressor pads designed for it but I really don't find myself using those too often. I think the problem comes with applying too much pressure. I realize it's a more powerful machine than a PC, but I still think you need to exert some pressure on it to get the best result. I find myself going back to my GG dual-action polisher a lot because the Flex frustrates me when it gets out of control. It also generates a lot of heat during extended use.

·
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You do want some pressure, but not nearly the amount you'd put down with a non-forced-rotation machine like the PC or Griots polisher. Just enough for the foam to make full contact at speed, anymore an you're fighting the machine and not getting any benefit.

I agree it does run hot w/ extended use, but holds up well... mine has been on a multi-day marathon correcting my truck and it gets warm, but hasn't had any issues yet.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Thanks for your advice Dylan. No, I have no had any durability issues with the Flex either but I do find myself wearing gloves when I use it a lot!

It sounds like that Severe Swirl Remover is going to be a hot product for Adam's. How much more abrasive is it than Swirl and Haze Remover?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts