Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm curious what the difference is between the Adam's waterless wash and the detail spray? I'm not sure about which one I should go with. I'm looking for something that would be a good for a final wipe down, for whenever you first arrive at car show or after a cruise around town.

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
I'm curious what the difference is between the Adam's waterless wash and the detail spray? I'm not sure about which one I should go with. I'm looking for something that would be a good for a final wipe down, for whenever you first arrive at car show or after a cruise around town.
Let AJ or Dylan confirm this for sure but for a final wipe down while at a show I would definitely use the DS. Detail Spray has some items in it that help to give your paint that final POP. Waterless wash is something in my opinion is best used after the show when your car may be covered with a light layer of dust.

Note: I don't show anything I own and simply use my Adam's stuff for keeping my daily drivers looking nice.

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
I agree with MrVette 83 completely. DS for pre-show shine (car already clean) and WW for after the trip home. I wouldn't use either if there was actually dirt on the paint. IMO, that needs water.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Remember, damage occurs when you remove dirt from the surface of your paint. If you paint is clean, you won't damage it.

I recommend using WW first, if any dust is present. Follow with DS for the shine! I've personaally swirled my paint by trying to remove dust with DS. Even WW should only be used on a light dusting.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Ok, so what do the fine folks at Adams say? There is the Brilliant Spray Glaze also. That would be something to use right before a show I'm think'n. And also, I believe our resident expert "Junkman" did a video on how to use the WW the proper way.......with a California duster playing a big part.

·
Supporting Vendor / Car Care Sponsor
637 Posts
Detail Spray and Waterless are actually fairly similar except for one BIG difference.

With DS you have a product that leaves behind a gloss enhancer, essentially a polymer that gives you a 'just waxed' look on the paint.

In WW that polymer is replaced with a very high lubricity emulsifier... this makes it ultimately the better choice for removing dust from the paint and minimizing the chances of scratches or swirls being introduced. Because its purely cleaner it doesn't add any shine or enhance the finish. Many customers will follow up their WW with DS.

Hope that makes sense. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Ok, so what do the fine folks at Adams say? There is the Brilliant Spray Glaze also. That would be something to use right before a show I'm think'n. And also, I believe our resident expert "Junkman" did a video on how to use the WW the proper way.......with a California duster playing a big part.
Brilliant Spray Glaze was shelved a while back and replaced with "Brilliant Glaze". It's a product that applies more like a wax than a detailing spray. Brilliant Glaze is a wonderful product and renders amazing results, but it's not a quick on quick off like WW or DS is.

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
You will not go wrong if you buy both.

I use the detail spray before I hit the road for a cruise.
When I return from the trip Detail spray removes the bugs
The waterless wash is one of my favorites for keeping the vette clean.
If you can see dirt then 2 bucket wash by hand is in order :thumbsup:

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys :cheers:

Detail Spray and Waterless are actually fairly similar except for one BIG difference.

With DS you have a product that leaves behind a gloss enhancer, essentially a polymer that gives you a 'just waxed' look on the paint.

In WW that polymer is replaced with a very high lubricity emulsifier... this makes it ultimately the better choice for removing dust from the paint and minimizing the chances of scratches or swirls being introduced. Because its purely cleaner it doesn't add any shine or enhance the finish. Many customers will follow up their WW with DS.

Hope that makes sense. :thumbsup:
Yep, makes perfect sense to me. Now, I fully understand what the difference is between the two products.

·
Registered
724 Posts
The most used products in my Adams arsenal are the Waterless wash, Detail Spray, Brilliant Glaze and the New VRT. My '01 coupe is not a daily driver so the full detail is not needed but a few times a year. However the water less wash and detail spray I live by. The Brilliant Glaze just to add that extra pop before a show or cruise in, and of course the VRT whenever the tires and other rubber and vinyl need attention.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts