Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
but do their products live up to the hype?

Obviously this thread is in good company with lots of guys raving about Adam's Polishes, but it seems like most of these cars are already pretty damn clean machines. Here are some before and after pics of my black '69. Don't know how old the paint is, but it's got more than it's share of flaws. I've got a ton of swirl marks and there are as many "cloudy" areas of my paint as there are clear ones. Areas around the badges are especially bad as they're just traps for dirt and wax residue. Are Adam's products up to the task?

Treatment included wash, clay bar, swirl & haze remover, revive polish combined with swirl & haze remover (2:1 ratio), and buttery wax.

Haze over right headlight:

behind the Stingray script:

gas tank cross flags:

nose emblem:

luggage rack mount:

now if only they made something to fix orange peel! :laughing:

·
DC Pit Crew Boss
4,165 Posts
Awesome shine, that stuff sure is great. BTW, I find that a chisel and hammer will take care of your orange peel:laughing:

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
looks great:thumbsup:

·
DC Crew
2,988 Posts
You can get that orange peel out, but that's another subject all together.:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
10,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You can get that orange peel out, but that's another subject all together.:thumbsup:
:laughing: I'm thinking the orange peel will stick around as long as the rest of the chips, scratches, stress cracks, etc. Got a lot more mods to worry about before she gets a complete facelift. The Adam's detailing will definitely tide me over for a while and give me a little more pride at shows :thumbsup:

·
DC Crew
2,988 Posts
:laughing: I'm thinking the orange peel will stick around as long as the rest of the chips, scratches, stress cracks, etc. Got a lot more mods to worry about before she gets a complete facelift. The Adam's detailing will definitely tide me over for a while and give me a little more pride at shows :thumbsup:
Well at least the paint shines like a mirror now!:thumbsup:

·
996 Posts
Wow that is an incredible improvement!!

It must feel like a whole new car..

·
DC Crew
13,185 Posts
Damn that looks good Jason :cheers:

As for the orange peel, Spiderpat can take care of it for you. Just plan on a new paint job when he's done :laughing:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts