Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been using Adams Leather Contioner for a while now. It used to make the car smell like new leather. For the last few months it seems that it just doesn't leave that nice leather scnet in the car like it used to. I've tried a new bottle of conditioner and new detail sponges but nothing seems to work. Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
I've been using Adams Leather Contioner for a while now. It used to make the car smell like new leather. For the last few months it seems that it just doesn't leave that nice leather scnet in the car like it used to. I've tried a new bottle of conditioner and new detail sponges but nothing seems to work. Any ideas?
Call Adam up and ask him that question. Maybe it was reformulated... I don't know. 866-965-0400.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok thanks, I'll call and see what they say. I wondered if it was reformulated but counld find anything on DC or the Adams site about a new formula.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just got off the phone with Adams. The girl I spoke to said the conditioner has not been reformulated. She didn't have any suggestions.

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
Hmmm... I don't know what to say about that. However, you know that they have a 110% money back guarantee so if you are not happy with any of their products, you can get your money back. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I know, she even offered that. I'm not unhappy with the products. I think they are the best out there. The leather cleaner and conditioner work great. It is just that it doesn't seem to make the car smell like it used to. I was just curious if anyone else was having similar issues.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think I'm going to use it in my truck (it doesn't have leather) to see how it smells. Maybe there is some funky smell in the car counteracting the nice smell of the conditioner. Maybe carpet or floor mats? The car in question is my wife's STS daily driver. If it makes my truck smell good I'll konw it's a issue with the car not the leather conditioner. Might be time for a carpet brush and some more Adams Carpet Cleaner.

·
Supporting Vendor / Car Care Sponsor
637 Posts
Is it possible that you're just getting used to the scent? I know I hardly notice it anymore when I use it b/c I'm around it all the time.

We haven't changed anything in the formulation so I'm at a loss to explain it otherwise.

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
That's a possibility. Never thought of that. Although I've had my cats for at least 5 or 6 years and I have yet to get use to their funky breath! :laughing:

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
I know, she even offered that. I'm not unhappy with the products. I think they are the best out there. The leather cleaner and conditioner work great. It is just that it doesn't seem to make the car smell like it used to. I was just curious if anyone else was having similar issues.
My vette will be 3 years old this July 3rd
The leather still smells brand new.
I use only Adam's leather conditioner on the interior

·
Premium Member
616 Posts
I have to same problem I have used the product for a long time but the last bottle did not leave the new leather smell. which I really like. I thought it was just me and I through it away. I haven't bought any more to compare as of date. Let me know what you find out. I am holding off buying more til then. I really like the product. :huh:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Glad to hear I'm not the only one experiencing this. I'm using the leather conditioner on my wife's car. I'm only in the car one or two times a week so I don't think it is me getting used to it. I tried it on my truck, it barely gave it a slight leather scent for about a day then it was gone. My wife's car is a Cadillac STS, so we are talking a lot of surface area that gets leather conditioner. I can use the conditioner on her car once a week and still don't have the scent that it used to. I'm out of ideas. Not real sure what's going on.

·
Supporting Vendor / Car Care Sponsor
637 Posts
Don't know what else to say guys... there hasn't been a single change to the formula for the leather conditioner or how its made or bottled.

I'd hope though that you wouldn't just throw it away and be unhappy... we offer a 110% satisfaction guarantee for a reason. USE IT!! :thumbsup:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts