Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just typing "out loud" here...

Machine Superwax is a synthetic paint sealant, how much durability are you guys seeing from it?

Americana Paste is Adam's carnauba product.

Buttery Wax -- is it a blend? How much durability are you guys seeing from this?

What Adam's product does everyone here prefer for their LSP?

·
Registered
53 Posts
I use the MSW on just about all our vehicles. I will hit the Z06, Viper and any other decent paint with the Americana. Those cars don't see as much bad weather as the DDs so the Americana lasts a while.

We put about 2k miles on our big rig per trip. The rig gets hit with MSW before it leaves and is still in good shape when it comes back. It's guaranteed to hit some serious rain on each trip.

I don't really use the Buttery Wax as it falls between both.

I use the Brilliant Glaze on all the chrome/polishes wheels and bumpers as well as on the glass of our DDs.

The MSW is so easy to apply with the PC, I don't waste my time by hand for my DDs.

I have all the waxes in stock and am not too far from you. If you want to try anything out, let me know.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have all the waxes in stock and am not too far from you. If you want to try anything out, let me know.
Thank you, I'll keep that in mind. I'm considering making the switch to using Adam's products almost exclusively and a local connection would be helpful.

:cheers:
Steve

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
You can't beat that offer and their rig looks like it just rolled off the showroom floor. :thumbsup:

Look at the shine on the side of that puppy...

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
You can't beat that offer and their rig looks like it just rolled off the showroom floor. :thumbsup:

Look at the shine on the side of that puppy...

How long does it take to wax that rig with one PC?:thud:

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
Go with PC or Flex?
Start by watching these videos and then read the entire thread. I can tell you now that if you have to ask, you need a PC. You don't chose between the two polishers, you choose the polisher that addresses the problem that you are looking at depending on your skill level.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Go with PC or Flex?
AJ's right. It's not either or. The Flex is fantastic for removing bad swirls. You will also need the PC for tighter areas, regular maintenance and applying the Machine Super Wax.

The Flex is really for someone who plans to do major paint correction on a regular basis. We have enough black vehicles, I use it often.

The rig takes about 14hrs for two people to wash. Another 14hrs, two people and two PCs to polish and wax. The rig is so big, we just hit it with FMP and MSW.

Make sure to always have enough Adam's in stock!

This is most of my Adam's Inventory:

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So does Machine SuperWax have any corrective abilities, or is it a pure sealant?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts