Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a torch red ZO6 and recently purchased some of the adams products based on everyones comments. I put a coat of butter wax on followed by the detail spray. It looks really good, but not like some of your pictures. Do I need to put more coats of the butter wax on or something else. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Did you clay bar the car and then use the polish before you used the wax? And apply it all with the porter cable.... then its bling time

·
Registered
724 Posts
Adams products work great, but it sounds like you skipped some important steps. I suggest that you go to the Adams site at http://www.adamspolishes.com/t-videos.aspx and watch their video's.
Start with washing the car first, then used the plastic bag to test the actual finish of the paint. If it is rough then you need to clay bar it. You can clay the complete car in about 1/2 hour or less. Next if there is a haze or swirls in the finish use d the Haze and Swirl Remover, followed by the Revive polish, then the butter wax. You can do it all by hand as all of the Adams products are extermly easy to use and they come off easy also. If you have access to a Porter Cable buffer it make life even better.

Here are a few shots of my TR 01 coupe

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did use the clay bar, then the wax, then the brilliant spray and finally the finishing spray. I did have the revive polish but forgot about it. Do I have to start all over with the clay bar/ I did it all by hand, no polisher.

·
Registered
724 Posts
If you have a smooth finish on the paint after the claybar, I would use the Revive Polish and then apply a coat of Butter Wax.

As for the glaze, that only enhances the gloss of the paint for a short time. I don't used it very often. Usually just prior to a show. I use the Detail Spray often, but not right after waxing. I use it in between full details sessions.

All of this can be done my hand, but I would recommend getting a PC buffer.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
If you have a smooth finish on the paint after the claybar, I would use the Revive Polish and then apply a coat of Butter Wax.

As for the glaze, that only enhances the gloss of the paint for a short time. I don't used it very often. Usually just prior to a show. I use the Detail Spray often, but not right after waxing. I use it in between full details sessions.

All of this can be done my hand, but I would recommend getting a PC buffer.
:agree: The Adams products work great, but don't skip any steps for the best results. It's pretty easy to do. If you don't yet have the Porter Cable, get one now. If you follow all the steps and still aren't happy with the results call Adam. He is quick to help, you can't beat the customer service they offer.

·
Supporting Vendor / Car Care Sponsor
364 Posts
Thanks for the kindness and for offering advice gang! I love to see our customers have such an excellent grasp of our products and system.

Using the clay bar is only necessary when the surface is contaminated. Clay doesn't remove swirls, clean the old wax off, or enhance shine. It simply removes imbedded contaminants from the finish. Use the baggy trick: fingers in a Ziploc bag, rubbed very gently over the finish. Rough? Clay it. Smooth? Skip it!

Revive Polish removes the old build-up of polish and wax, and cleans the top coat. Buttery Wax should be applied monthly for, "therapy," and is actually needed four times a year, or after each oil change.

We have two new products that work even better, but are designed to be used with the D/A polisher. Stay tuned!

Hope this clarifies, and check out the streaming videos for more info. http://www.adamspolishes.com/t-videos.aspx

Thanks for you help here gang, and for all of your business!:thumbsup:

-Adam

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the help. I have ordered a porter cable from Adams and can't wait to try it. This is a great forum. Hope I can help someone in the future.

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
Just one more item:huh:
Did you use dawn to take off the old wax before you started the process?
It should look like this when your done:thumbsup:
Did you get the DVD from Adams? A lot of great tips on it:cheers:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts