Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Mo-Fo
7,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There were any number of car shows in the area today, so the wife and I opted for one called Mountain Days at Prince Gallitzin State Park in Pa. The actual show is held at a skeet field on Marina Rd. We had never gone to this show and were looking forward to a day in the mountains, around the water, in a tranquil forrest setting. So we drove almost an hour, and after one 8 mile wrong turn, we finally arrived. Well, first off, yes, it was on the grounds of the state park. And yes, it was on Marina Rd. But there was no "marina", no water, and definitely not a tranquil forrest setting. We pulled in, paid our registration fee, and were told to "turn left and park on the right of the lane". Okay. Now, I have a black Z with chrome wheels and the mod red interior.....keep that in mind.
When we turned left, we noticed a white cloud billowing up around us, but weren't sure what it was. Then another car pulled in past us, and another small cloud of this white came and covered the car. By this time, I figured it was cement dust, like someone dumped something in this spot. Well, now this tuner asshole pulls in and decides to show off by hitting the gas and speeding past me and the next car sitting there. That mf'r sent a cloud of white thick crap up in the air and the whole thing blew right over and into the car. My wife was so pissed, she goes storming up to the registration booth demanding our money back, and told them we were leaving. Rather than have us leave (they knew there was a problem) they moved our class far from the road, but all the grass had been treated...............with lime!
So not only was my car a pale gray, the entire undercarriage and wheel wells were completely coated with this crap. My tires were white. So I immediately got out my Adam's detailing spray and got busy, while my wife started on the wheels and wheel wells.
Let me tell you. I knew that the detailing spray would do a good job, and the glass cleaner would handle the windows, but that undercarriage spray did an amazing job. She sprayed it all inside the wheel wells, and onto a soft pad, and wiped it. The lime was hardening by the time she got to it, and the UCS just dissolved it and took it all off. I was really surprised. I figured it would smear it all over the place, but it didn't. She used it on the tread on the tires too, and it blackend them right up. By the time we finished detailing the car with everything Adam's, it looked like I just washed it. Great stuff.
I won first place! Unfortunately, it poured on the way home, so I hae to wash it tomorrow, but it'll look good again soon.:cheers:

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
There were any number of car shows in the area today, so the wife and I opted for one called Mountain Days at Prince Gallitzin State Park in Pa. The actual show is held at a skeet field on Marina Rd. We had never gone to this show and were looking forward to a day in the mountains, around the water, in a tranquil forrest setting. So we drove almost an hour, and after one 8 mile wrong turn, we finally arrived. Well, first off, yes, it was on the grounds of the state park. And yes, it was on Marina Rd. But there was no "marina", no water, and definitely not a tranquil forrest setting. We pulled in, paid our registration fee, and were told to "turn left and park on the right of the lane". Okay. Now, I have a black Z with chrome wheels and the mod red interior.....keep that in mind.
When we turned left, we noticed a white cloud billowing up around us, but weren't sure what it was. Then another car pulled in past us, and another small cloud of this white came and covered the car. By this time, I figured it was cement dust, like someone dumped something in this spot. Well, now this tuner asshole pulls in and decides to show off by hitting the gas and speeding past me and the next car sitting there. That mf'r sent a cloud of white thick crap up in the air and the whole thing blew right over and into the car. My wife was so pissed, she goes storming up to the registration booth demanding our money back, and told them we were leaving. Rather than have us leave (they knew there was a problem) they moved our class far from the road, but all the grass had been treated...............with lime!
So not only was my car a pale gray, the entire undercarriage and wheel wells were completely coated with this crap. My tires were white. So I immediately got out my Adam's detailing spray and got busy, while my wife started on the wheels and wheel wells.
Let me tell you. I knew that the detailing spray would do a good job, and the glass cleaner would handle the windows, but that undercarriage spray did an amazing job. She sprayed it all inside the wheel wells, and onto a soft pad, and wiped it. The lime was hardening by the time she got to it, and the UCS just dissolved it and took it all off. I was really surprised. I figured it would smear it all over the place, but it didn't. She used it on the tread on the tires too, and it blackend them right up. By the time we finished detailing the car with everything Adam's, it looked like I just washed it. Great stuff.
I won first place! Unfortunately, it poured on the way home, so I hae to wash it tomorrow, but it'll look good again soon.:cheers:
stupid ricers thinking their cool:rolleyes:

but hey at least you got first place:excited:

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
I LOVEAdams undercarriage spray

That is something that I never thought of until he demoed it on my car for me and now I am addicted........and the grape scent....OMG it's like crack!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts